Lake Hopatcong Liffy Island Trails (?)

Ironjunk

Thank you for bumping this thread. I just re-watched the video of Jason doing The Muppet drop three times in a row. So good.
What is the muppet drop(oh nevermind i saw it earlier in the thread, didn't see it on my ride today)? The drop on the island is so cool but the landing is rough. The natural drop down the trail from the boat has a fairly nice run in.

Last edited:

Ironjunk

Where do you guys park to access these trails?
If you want to ride the fun features then go to the woods parking lot off of prospect point road. The trail going east you should run into one of the easy drops right away. North and you'll find the boat, a little double jump some berms and a drop and a few rollers. There is some janky stuff going down the mountain towards the island. If you want to ride the island it would be better to ride from the park off of brady road as the elevation change from the top to the bottom is a lot. The trail from the park to the island is smooth.

Last edited:

kaitlyn

Hmmm. First I've ever heard about this system. Mostly because I find trails via trailforks. I'll have to check it out.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm. First I've ever heard about this system. Mostly because I find trails via trailforks. I'll have to check it out.
Find their group on Strava and look for a group ride. It’s not the easiest place to navigate and there are some legit features. It’s freakin awesome though. The dudes that built it are Darren and Nick, I don’t think they’re in here, but they are the nicest people and love showing people the trails

kaitlyn

So, I wandered about. Heatmap is helpful, except for the parts where it goes past the agro but fibbing no trespassing signs. What's the deal there, anyways? Don't tell?
I found a drop on liffy's and a quick up and down, and a couple of drops in the southwest...and a bridge between two masses of granite. Steep rolldown with a tricky tree at the base. A teetter-totter and a skinny that was an unstable crashtrap. I didn't find a jump line or any berms, but I did come across something by some houses that may have been a jump at one point.
Most of it is more XC than anything else, which is a miracle for the Jersey Highlands. Pretty fun, I'll be back. It makes a nice balance from Wildcat.
What did I miss?
And yeah, there was a bunch I didn't do cause I'm still getting comfortable with drops at the Creek.

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 3.04.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Ironjunk

North east of the red dot is the boat jump and some other tech in the unexplored area.

The guy who owns hudson farm is beyond rich and the place is a hunting and outdoor sanctuary for the elite. Out of the good of their hearts they allow part of their property to be used by the public. It is on their terms and they are going to make sure you know.

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As a warning, it’s kind of the Wild West over there with the neighborhood kids. They ride dirt bikes and build all kinds of janky stuff. If it seems unstable it most likely wasn’t built by the trail builders, so good idea to feel any wooden death traps before sending them…ask me how I know 🤣

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As a warning, it’s kind of the Wild West over there with the neighborhood kids. They ride dirt bikes and build all kinds of janky stuff. If it seems unstable it most likely wasn’t built by the trail builders, so good idea to feel any wooden death traps before sending them…ask me how I know 🤣

you are still alive so . . . . .

Top Bottom