Lewis Morris Conditions

mtb1

I was there Saturday it was mostly crusty snow with a little ice here and there. I would bet it will be pretty icy after today’s light rain and thaw.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was hoping to ride tomorrow evening. I am assuming it will be icy, any locals think it will be ridable?

Not sure about Lewis Morris, but Tourne was excellent yesterday and today. With some melting plus rain and freezing temps tonight, I would expect it to be icy in the morning. It might be rideable in the afternoon without studs if the sun warms it up enough tomorrow. I would also point out that you are likely to get a ticket or have your car locked inside the park if it's in either park after dark.

xc62701

I was on Patriots path right next to there today and it was crunchy snow and slush. We are getting more rain now so it’ll probably be all ice once this freezes.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Walked a bunch of trails today…stop riding wet trails!

Attachments

• 16C5108D-8059-48E5-95F7-04891626783D.jpeg
    16C5108D-8059-48E5-95F7-04891626783D.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 179

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
It’s in good shape now. Some soft sections on the edges of the trails but stick to the center and it’s nice and firm.

stilluf

Excellent conditions yesterday at Lew Mo. New Green trail is riding well.
EDIT: also, big tree down on Orange trail. a go-over has been built up, but a bit sketchy...

Last edited:

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Running pretty decent, wanted to give a heads up ive seen the same bear in the same area 2 times now. Once on the climb I believe it is black/red trail and yesterday walking through the Kurt Vonnegut switch backs. He ignored me both times and went on his way. He's one of the larger ones ive seen in NJ.
bear.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No bear sighting,

Trails have firmed up nicely after the rain. Couple of spots holding water - some are chronic.

There is a trail run/triathlon there tomorrow (sat 6/18) from 7:00->2:00
You'll all be at MTBNJam, so not a problem.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
New trail cleared end to end but needs some finishing work. It is a much easier climb from whitehead road to lewmo and fun going down.
View attachment 188613
I rode by on my CX bike over the weekend and noted the top and bottom both looked cleared, but didn't feel up to exploring with that bike. Not that going up the existing climb on a 42/32 geared CX bike was great, but at least that was a known.

Also.... in your map, the blue line within the purple trail, aka "Northern Loop", is that a legit new trail, or something unsanctioned?

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Also.... in your map, the blue line within the purple trail, aka "Northern Loop", is that a legit new trail, or something unsanctioned?
it isn't official, but is isn't rouge. Long term I hope that northern loop gets revamped, it is a wasteland and has a ton potential. The park lead is open to it, she just needs hands to work.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions