Lifetime Grand Prix Video Series

iman29

Binge watched the entire series. Tried to not be biased about the comments here referring to Sofia but then I got to the " cant wait to get you back" comment after she got taken out of the MTB race and I was like OK youre a tool. Talent aside, you don't need to threaten people who sincerely apologized for something they didn't intend to do. And in this case doesnt matter if the men or women were talking like that you just don't need to make yourself out to be an ahole to prove you are a "tough competitor"

I tend to question/think about the editing of these kinds of things because including/excluding certain clips and comments etc... can paint a picture of someone either way to the viewers. Is it for entertainment value - maybe partially?

In general I thought it was pretty well done in the same vain as F1, and aside from the horrible Sturm/Strum editing I did enjoy the bike racing parts and how grueling these races are and what it takes to ride/compete at that level. Hanna Otto's bad day is very likely nothing I could ever dream of riding even if I was her age.

Cole

Binge watched the entire series. Tried to not be biased about the comments here referring to Sofia but then I got to the " cant wait to get you back" comment after she got taken out of the MTB race and I was like OK youre a tool. Talent aside, you don't need to threaten people who sincerely apologized for something they didn't intend to do. And in this case doesnt matter if the men or women were talking like that you just don't need to make yourself out to be an ahole to prove you are a "tough competitor"

I tend to question/think about the editing of these kinds of things because including/excluding certain clips and comments etc... can paint a picture of someone either way to the viewers. Is it for entertainment value - maybe partially?

I ended up casting the last 3 on the TV, so my wife ended up watching. She was an athlete through college and understands the desire to win. Her impression on Sofia was that she was a sociopath, she was not a fan of hers.
Like you said though, the clips are edited to get the most attention. So I'm sure after she came of that way they played into it by making her the villain...
But I think any one that rides 200 miles in one shot like that is a bit off 🥸

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
fun fact, @mbruno finished second Scott McGill in the MAC 3/4 race as Nittany Day 1, 2015. I was 11th.
Day 2 I was 10th, Scott was 8th.
Clearly I peaked in 2015. I think Scott McGill was probably 14 at the time though.

Top Bottom