Looking ahead 5-10 years. Where do you drop your Benjamins?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Many here know I have a shitty outlook on the stock market/US economy in general over the next year at the minimum. Personally I feel that we won't see 4800 again on the S&P500 for a long time. As a technical trader I see the general market in another swing leg down in a cyclical bear market that started with small caps in early 2021. I feel the next few months are going to be painful but we do have potential for a delayed (6-9 months) reaction to the inflation bubble bursting. The Fed has indicated they are not stopping rate hikes any time soon. This is my opinion and I have been using bear put and call spreads to minimize risk. This has been working well but I want to know where you all plant put your moolah over the next ten years.

Currently I have just started 5 I bond accounts for the family and maxed them out at $10k each. The bulk of rest of the savings is currently in a 4% discover CD. I am not ready to dabble longterm in the market yet. Some smaller placements I have are a REIT(AGNC) that I have been into for a longtime and is set up as a DRIP. Discover 3% savings account(some more of our savings). My Annuity is currently 90% stable value fund and the rest large cap growth. Where are you planting your seeds?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
dollar-cost-averaging all the stuff we purchased the last 3 years. (401k only)
savings for next couple years of college - prob combo of CD and savings accounts
pay into house to reduce monthly cash flow in the future, maybe paying it off in the next couple years - or re-cast it.
Let it ride - it is only a line on a page if i don't sell it.....

SAM

5 - 10 years? I will stay invested in stocks! Missing even one big up day might have a huge effect on long term gain. I will continue to keep a healthy percentage of bonds but stocks are obviously where to see gain over a 10 year time frame. I don't care about doom and gloom predictions over the next year or two, as my time frame is always longer term.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
5 - 10 years? I will stay invested in stocks! Missing even one big up day might have a huge effect on long term gain. I will continue to keep a healthy percentage of bonds but stocks are obviously where to see gain over a 10 year time frame. I don't care about doom and gloom predictions over the next year or two, as my time frame is always longer term.
Well normally yes but I am visualizing a sideway/down market next 5-10 years.

R0B

Continue what I’ve done the past 5-10 years and DCA into: VTI, VXUS, GBTC (and BTC). Some target funds are in the kids 529s and wife’s ROTH for applicable years and that’s it, very simple.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Continue what I’ve done the past 5-10 years and DCA into: VTI, VXUS, GBTC (and BTC). Some target funds are in the kids 529s and wife’s ROTH for applicable years and that’s it, very simple.
I won’t touch btc til 10k

Top Bottom