Making money as the pandemic subsides

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'm thinking the custom order direct to home local business might be a thing if people continue to be reluctant to go out.

specialty foods for occasions
partially or fully prepared meals - maybe a restaurant at home concept including serving and clean-up?
PT/coaching in-home
auto preventative maintenance - oil change, etc

the opposite would be leading an experience - indoor or outdoor.
People are going to want to do stuff - or at least send their kids to do stuff so they can have some peace! :D

Ideas?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your ideas are intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Hopefully Hilltop goes out of business and @jimvreeland will come to my house to fix my bicycle.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are currently company's that will bring food to your house. It's pretty wild.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Your ideas are intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Hopefully Hilltop goes out of business and @jimvreeland will come to my house to fix my bicycle.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are currently company's that will bring food to your house. It's pretty wild.
And if you're like me you get random meals delivered to the house

RobW

Pet walking- as people return to work they will need to have their new furry friends walked. Data shows the increase in pet adoptions but if pets aren’t your thing just look at other avenues with similar data.

Patrick

Staff member
wartime economy - good for the markets.

upscale food - like a chef and server come to your house, finish cooking the meal,
and serve it. bring/take dishes, so no clean-up.

or

$10 cupcakes. cause who hasn't seen cupcake wars.
minimum 1/2 dozen, or 6 whichever is greater.
All custom, as long as it is red velvet cake with that cream cheese frosting. mmmm

at home bike mechanic? never work, they are too fickle. a generic p/u and delivery service would,
serving multiple shops.

I heard forum admins are all getting a 100% bonus this year - which is more than double last year's.
cause increased traffic from pandemic.

rlb

Pet walking- as people return to work they will need to have their new furry friends walked. Data shows the increase in pet adoptions but if pets aren’t your thing just look at other avenues with similar data.
This is going to be legit. This was my mom's gig after retirement, she had a solid 2 years in before COVID and it was a good business then. Gonna be more demand soon.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
upscale food - like a chef and server come to your house, finish cooking the meal,
and serve it. bring/take dishes, so no clean-up.
My sister did something like this for a bit after getting a masters in nutrition and completing culinary school-
Would deliver meals for the week tailored to fam's dietary needs.
Heat and eat, just gotta do your own dishes.
In the right market, business could be good.

Not sure if peeps gonna want rando vectors in their house cooking and serving though.

Patrick

Staff member
Bouncing off the Coronavirus thread, how about a roadside stand where you'll scan paying customers for implanted 5G antannae?

they are injecting them, along with DNA morphing nanobots.
i'm thinking MEU (mobile extraction unit) kindalike the modern day exorcism.
good money back in the day for ridding evil spirits - just reinvent it.

Rusty

Would there be a market with this crowd for a BIKE CLEANING service? I like doing it, considering charging others....thoughts?

Top Bottom