Map

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Couldn't find the circleswitch from Reservoir... anyone wants to help out and snap couple of pics?

roc

What's a circle switch? Is that a new trail off yellow near the circle on top of reeroivior?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What's a circle switch? Is that a new trail off yellow near the circle on top of reeroivior?
Yep. That climb on yellow is a killer.
Switchback from reservoir

Screenshot_20160528-120123.png

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Couldn't find the circleswitch from Reservoir... anyone wants to help out and snap couple of pics?

I rode it for the first time Thursday night, but we rode it in the other direction. If you go up the shelf, it's on the left just before the rocky right turn that's just before the left turn that goes all the way down. I wasn't really paying attention to where it dumped us out at the bottom, other than the fact that we had to do that stupid yellow climb to head back toward the lot.

dmkalemba

Thanks for posting the map and kudos to theat Trail crew.. nice job! Rode there yesterday afternoon for the first time, will have to adjust my parking location, next time!

huffster

@Berms&Boofs Used the new version on Maprika today. Tracks perfectly! Here's my ride.
https://www.strava.com/activities/795215671

Also, had a @liong71er sighting, as he was working on Jack's trail. Nice to meet you!

I had not been to this park in a long, long time and visited there about a month ago and then again today. Either I had no idea what was there when I visited years ago or a whole lot more single-track has appeared since then. Great job to the builders!

rick81721

Lothar
@Berms&Boofs Used the new version on Maprika today. Tracks perfectly! Here's my ride.
https://www.strava.com/activities/795215671

Also, had a @liong71er sighting, as he was working on Jack's trail. Nice to meet you!

I had not been to this park in a long, long time and visited there about a month ago and then again today. Either I had no idea what was there when I visited years ago or a whole lot more single-track has appeared since then. Great job to the builders!

Hey Huff where would I park to follow this ride? Can you park on that circle?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thanks - so just park right off that circle? Good place to get lost? Looks like lots of unmarked trails. But I'd follow huff's ride for the most part
You could park at the circle.
Looking at @huffster strava, thats a good loop but it will start out with a climb.
If you want to ease into it, it might be better off starting at the college lot.
This is the loop I took @jumpa on not too long ago. Don't mind the little back tracking we did on red. But both loops doesn't cover the Ancient trails which are the "new" trails.
HM is a park that I think deserves at least 2-3 visits unless you are like @JimN and hit all the trails in one shot.

Last edited:

huffster

@rick81721 Looks like you got your answer on the parking. I've been there a few times and entered from that circle each time. Load the map on Maprika, it tracks well. Then just explore. I totally agree with what @C8N says about visiting multiple times. I'm still trying to figure out good routes and the right directions to take certain trails. So, following any track I made comes with some risk. I did like Ancients trail, so if you get a chance to work that in, go for it. That Circleswitch climb is a manageable climb if you do go in from Reservoir rd. circle.

roc

Rode ancients today all the way to damn lake lake today, it was singletrack bliss all the way, so awesome!! Then hit rambler to granpa's favorite to shelf to circle switch. Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys are doing. High mountain is a blast. 7 miles there feels like 15 at Lewis morris!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions