maximizing steps

qclabrat

I got pulled into a step challenge at work and our team is way behind our rivals with little help from me.
Using the GoogleFit app to measure my steps and also been using it during rides but getting much less steps than if were to walk in the same amount of time which I was riding. Also with the poor weather, been hard to get out to walk or run. What are best options to maximize steps inside or outside without doing hours of tabata or treadmill work?

I got pulled into a step challenge at work and our team is way behind our rivals with little help from me.
Using the GoogleFit app to measure my steps and also been using it during rides but getting much less steps than if were to walk in the same amount of time which I was riding. Also with the poor weather, been hard to get out to walk or run. What are best options to maximize steps inside or outside without doing hours of tabata or treadmill work?
Ride more... and hike a bike

Run.
In all seriousness, stop coming up with excuses. Go outside and walk.

Find a podcast or audiobook, or maybe just listen to nature.

I participated in a corporate team step challenge last year. The user interface for logging steps had drop downs for other activities such as cycling, so I'd double-check to see if your interface has such a conversion tool. I used Webcrawler to search the inter webs and found a lot of discussions and approaches to ways to convert cycling miles to steps.

Otherwise, perhaps count your steps in 1 mile and then use that step number for each mile you cycle. Ostensibly, such an approach may be more accurate for road cycling, and not mountain biking.

The team that won the challenge I participated in were all IronMan athletes, so each team member logged so many miles cycling and running each week.

Going to give this 1 more hour before I break out the clown punching references.

Oh wait...

mandi is doing one at work. she does laps in the house. theres some gift card attached to winning but she doesnt even care. she usually gets like 14-16k.

Back
Top Bottom