MCPS Volunteer Signup / Let's make something happen

Tim

aka sptimmy43
It's all good. I'll take the liberty to assume the training is an insirance liability thing for the park system. I think a lot of the red tape comes down to liabilities and budgets. There's always next time
I'll be there if they host one I am able to attend.
The park system added this training session for us MTB'ers. There were about 10 people who told Tracy they were coming and didn't show up.
At least I wasn't one of the 10 that committed to being there. When I make a commitment I follow through...which is exactly why I couldn't make it.

adogg

Some of the future training sessions will be held on a Saturday if I remember correctly which hopefully will make it easier for others to attend. Even though it seems like an obstacle that one needs to attend training before doing trail maintenance, a lot of good information was presented during last night's presentation. There were couple other guys that ride Hartshorne, good meeting you last night.

SmooveP

Some of the future training sessions will be held on a Saturday if I remember correctly which hopefully will make it easier for others to attend. Even though it seems like an obstacle that one needs to attend training before doing trail maintenance, a lot of good information was presented during last night's presentation. There were couple other guys that ride Hartshorne, good meeting you last night.
Hey, this is Pat. Good meeting you last night!

ADKmike

I will admit that I had planned to go last nite, then had a conflict come up at work, and couldn't make it. I did e-mail Tracy though to let her know and that I was still interested in a future training session so that I could go to trail work days. Any other nite would have been fine, figures...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So just to support @TimBay here - if you signed up, and didn't make it, please do as @ADKmike did.

Send an email and apologize. Express your appreciation, and eagerness to make it in the future.
no need to explain why you couldn't make it, just that the cause is important to you, and hence over-committed.

You aren't the first person to skip training, but what you do afterwards is very telling.

so thank you to those that went
and thank you to those who plan to go.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions