Memorial Day Trim Session 5/29/23

ekuhn

**Weather Pending**

Looking to put together a group trim / TM session Monday Morning 5/29/23 - Memorial Day. Early Start like 8AM to about 11am. Have some JORBA equipment but if you have hand trimmers or battery powered stuff it would be a home run.

Post up if you're available.

ekuhn

Pre Weekend Bump! Rode last night and spots definitely need some attention. I'll be at Jacques Lane Lot by 7:30 for an 8AM start.

Bring a bookbag, water and some snacks. Hand Pruners, Pocket saws and/or Battery Equipment will be good to bring. I will have some JORBA equipment.

Depending on all who show is how we will split up the attack to cover as much ground as possible.

snashters

I rode here a couple of times this week, with a few stops to do a little trimming. It's definitely getting overgrown in places, I can put up with a few scratches on my arms but it's the blind corners that really spoil the ride for me.
My take from this afternoon's ride is that red and orange on the 27 side and blue on canal side are the worst.
Of those, the section of red from S Middlebush to the red-orange split always sees 2-way traffic (there's no alternative to make a loop) and has a lot of blind corners, or at least that's my perception/bad luck😟!
Blue from the metal bridge to Blackwells Mill Rd (both sides of the stream from the "anal" bridge) seemed to have a high concentration of overgrowth per trail mile.
I've done some trimming this week on red between Jaques and Canal Rd. There's a bit more needed but probably not worth the walk in to do it; I can do it on my next ride.
I hope this helps, it's unlikely I will be able to be there in the morning.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Much success today. Still work to be done - we worked the canal side and hit blue for over three hours. 27 side has to be tackled. If you’re out, bring some pruners and stop and smell the roses in an area and clip away.

Thanks @ekuhn for organizing

Tag yourself away - thanks for the help @Davis119

IMG_5537.jpeg
IMG_5536.jpeg

ekuhn

Great turn out. Great effort by all. Those that came even got some swag from Shimano. JORBA supplies all this equipment and fuel. So if your not a member. Join!

Looking to schedule another group session for Father's Day Weekend. In the mean time, grab some pruners and help out on the 27 side.

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

Cal28

Amazing work. Rode it yesterday and huge difference. Thank you all. Sucks I couldn’t make it this time.
Will be out there for the next!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions