Nassau Trail Directory

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
http://highbridge.org/government/environmental-commission/youth-initiatives/nassau-trail/

Nassau-Trail-Map-4-15-14.jpg

@Arwen's Mom

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there Saturday - this map will change again soon :). Much heavy machinery in there. There were 5 guys working in there, 2 machines, 2 leaf blowers, plus 1 guy with a hand tool of some sort. It was impressive.

Is there really a trail around that field to the right of the road? @jShort?

FitmanNJ

I think they just mow the perimeter of that field so.... Um, sure. There's a trail.

Yes, that's pretty much it. There have been times, too, when they've mowed a direct trail from the entry to the field in the bottom right-hand corner to the trailhead at the top.

FitmanNJ

Are there any current updated maps?.
The map in the first post is from OpenStreetMap.org as of April, 2016. I've added everything new that I've recorded more recently (and others may have also), so you can see a more current map by going to that website (the Nassau trail crew has added a lot since 2016...).

A free version of the current Open Street Map can be downloaded for placement on compatible Garmin devices here:

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
Other apps like Maprika may have current maps, too, but I've been using the OSM version.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This place is small enough that you really don’t need a map.

It’s probably got the most fun per mile of any trail around here so just go explore

trener1

This place is small enough that you really don’t need a map.

It’s probably got the most fun per mile of any trail around here so just go explore

Yeah I agree that while I was riding I never felt really lost, however when it was time to finish up and get back to the car I had no idea where I was, I seemed to be going in circles over and over, I was on the "other" side, and when I looked at both Maprika and Trail Forks it didn't show up.

Piston Honda

Yeah I agree that while I was riding I never felt really lost, however when it was time to finish up and get back to the car I had no idea where I was, I seemed to be going in circles over and over, I was on the "other" side, and when I looked at both Maprika and Trail Forks it didn't show up.
That's how I usually get lost. No problem going from south parking lot to other lot and crossing. It's the going back part where I forget which fork I took.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That's how I usually get lost. No problem going from south parking lot to other lot and crossing. It's the going back part where I forget which fork I took.

i've ridden up the road a couple times because of coming back out at the same lot!!

perhaps some dots on the trees for best-way-back? cause who has time to pull out the map(rika)

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Is there a more updated map than what's posted above? Is Nassau on Trailforks or Maprika?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions