Nassau Trails - partial closure

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was asked by one of the town officials to distribute this to the MTBNJ community.

1683654743205blob.png

iman29

I was asked by one of the town officials to distribute this to the MTBNJ community.

View attachment 213231
I heard about this at the Martys High Bridge gravel ride but I didnt want to say anything on here at risk of being inaccurate or if something changed. Very disappointing since Nassau is a great trail system for someone like me that prefers flow stuff. oh well.

rlb

This is unfortunate, hopefully there is potential for a solution in the near future.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
I'll say that when we play by the rules, then when we say something, there is a chance someone will listen.

This didn't just happen because someone decided to look at the approved uses, more than likely, was because someone wanted to exclude MTB as a result of continued bad interaction.

I'll ask my contact to mow the field regularly

Bikeworks

I'll say that when we play by the rules, then when we say something, there is a chance someone will listen.

This didn't just happen because someone decided to look at the approved uses, more than likely, was because someone wanted to exclude MTB as a result of continued bad interaction.

I'll ask my contact to mow the field regularly
AKA, someone got a bug up their butt and here we are

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
AKA, someone got a bug up their butt and here we are

i'm speculating, but..

I'd like to think they tried to work it out, and had to go for last resort.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Isn’t that the section that was specifically designed for bikes?

Wasn’t this trail system initially closed in the winter time and this year it was not?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions