New Double Black Trail @ Blue Mountain - Peekskill, NY

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Has anyone ridden On Your Marc at Blue Mountain Reservation? Curious what your thoughts are? For those who don't know, On Your Marc is one of the most difficult (non-lift-assisted) trails in the region. It's a little under 2 miles and has a bunch of steep and long rollers mixed with nasty tech climbs. I've ridden it a couple of times ...correction ... I've walked and ridden it a couple of times. The last 3/4 mile of this trail is fun with steep rock slabs and big rollers. Unfortunately, the first mile is exhausting and requires serious fitness or you’ll be walking much of it.

Looks like a fun one. I haven't had a chance to ride at Blue Mtn NY yet, although I have heard about it for years.

I've only ever raced at this place. Always thought it would be great to get there for a fun ride, if not for it being so damn far from my house.

I’ve ridden it at least a couple times. I’m kinda vague on how hard it was, I’m sure it was hard, but I love everything at blue, so I was probably just happy to be there. I forget if that has the big steep roller, or the huuge double roller at the end.

I haven't been to Blue since around 2007. I recall it being pretty challenging for me at the time as I was just getting over chemo and a bone marrow transplant. I think it's time to get back and check it out again.
Wow. I could say the exact same thing. Transplant in 06 and last rode at Blue shortly after.

I’ve ridden it at least a couple times. I’m kinda vague on how hard it was, I’m sure it was hard, but I love everything at blue, so I was probably just happy to be there. I forget if that has the big steep roller, or the huuge double roller at the end.
You’ve ridden that trail a couple of times and can’t remember how hard it was? Must have hit your head off one of them rollers. 😆

Man, you guys are really selling it. Maybe you can tell us all about the colonoscopy doctor that ambushes you if you fall over.
I haven't ridden Blue Mountain, as my health insurance doesn't cover out of state colonoscopies. Fortunately, it covers emergency room visits when out of state.

Man, you guys are really selling it. Maybe you can tell us all about the colonoscopy doctor that ambushes you if you fall over.
Well... that probably not a bad thing. Some of us will read this and go, "Yeah! I gotta ride here!" with some assumption they have experience on very technical natural trails and others will think, "Eh... maybe not..." Personally, I'm envisioning something similar to the "push trails" at the Shed down in Fredrick, MD.

Well... that probably not a bad thing. Some of us will read this and go, "Yeah! I gotta ride here!" with some assumption they have experience on very technical natural trails and others will think, "Eh... maybe not..." Personally, I'm envisioning something similar to the "push trails" at the Shed down in Fredrick, MD.

I really need to get down to MD this year.

Back
Top Bottom