New Monmouth county park?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

smann

A lot of people launch kayaks directly across at the base of the bridge … which makes me wonder if this was a hard sale at the original price with an 80 foot high bridge about to be built … you can also launch kayaks at the rumson ramp

Reactions: don

don

Lol NIMBYs. the locals want to keep the park small. Aka no river access.

I saw it, and it's nice but IMHO a stupid waste of my $$.
I'll agree it was a high price but living close to Hartshorne having those 17 acres stay undeveloped will be very easy on the eyes.

Also MCPS / Hartshorne has a parcel that is one property over from the new purchase (across from Tan Vat Rd) so maybe it made sense for their overall park plan. I'm sure we could cut a nice out and back trail from Laurel Ridge down there park users 😉

A lot of people launch kayaks directly across at the base of the bridge … which makes me wonder if this was a hard sale at the original price with an 80 foot high bridge about to be built … you can also launch kayaks at the rumson ramp
Good points Steve. I've also noticed people putting in kayaks at Victory Park on the Rumson side.

I am really surprised it didn't sell to a developer. 80ft high bridge or not, that is some very valuable land. Maybe it couldn't be split up easily or the Middletown taxes were too high. The people living in that neighborhood must be very happy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions