New Rider Moving to Union Area

Wheres_Andy

What's up Everyone!

I'm new to the site. Started riding this August, can't stop, won't stop! I may have met some of you at the NJMTB Festival, I joined the Regular guy Intermediate ride. Had a great day there and a great experience meeting different riders. Thought I'd join this forum and meet some more amazing people in the community.

Can anyone recommend some good trails to practice pumping and absorbing techniques, I hear there are "pump tracks"?

qclabrat

Welcome Andy
Closest to you is probably Nassau trail for a small pump area. Hartshorne also has something interesting. But north Jersey seems to have the most options

mtbiker87

Hey there Andy, I believe we talked a bit on the RGMTB ride. You joined the smaller group that hit Warm Puppy and the Ramapo Re-route right ? You rode a Canyon ? The best pumptrack currently around is in Port Jervis NY, but a brand new one is opening up local to me in Vernon NJ next weekend, right down the street from Creek. Hit me up if wanna check 'em out. The pumptrack track in High Bridge isn't my favorite, but the flow trails are super cool, and lots of fun to ride. There is a smaller dirt pumptrack in West Milford NJ not far from the trails at Jungle Habitat that is fun as well. A few of the RGMTB gang is joining @TommyF for a ride at the Port Jervis watershed trails Sunday morning at 9, and if you liked Ringwood, you'll probably enjoy PJ as well. Ill be amoung the few who will be hitting the PJ pumptrack afterwards, depending on how much I got left in the tank after the watershed. Feel free to join in if you want.

Wheres_Andy

@pooriggy @mtbiker87
Thanks , I'll try and make it out. My adorable little nephew is having his 2nd birthday party this Sunday unfortunately, otherwise I'd be there....
But then again, he won't remember if I miss it right ? 😅😂

Appreciate all the info, I'll hit you up about that new pump track by you in Vernon. Funny coincidence, I'll be at creek today for my first DH park ride. Wish me luck 😬🤞

BananaFred

So you are in Essex County which has outlawed MTB in all of its parks. If you want a great place to develop your technical skills and do some climbing I find Tourne park in Boonton is great. Just a little further to Wildcat Ridge moves the needle up to 11.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So you are in Essex County which has outlawed MTB in all of its parks. If you want a great place to develop your technical skills and do some climbing I find Tourne park in Boonton is great. Just a little further to Wildcat Ridge moves the needle up to 11.

sounds like he is actually in union county, not that its any better (speaking as a fellow union resident)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
crud...yes Union county. Are Edith Stevens or Tamaques noteworthy ?
Never heard of them, so they are probably just 'parks'. Try to not ride on hiking/walking trails as that is how access for mountain biking will continuously be under fire.

You can look here for some mountain biking trail systems, then jump over to something like Trailforks or Strava to find some maps and loops that are bike legal.

Top Bottom