New trail build 6.25.22

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Come one, come all you're just in time to come help work on the new trail. June 25 from 9-12 come help rake some leaves and dig some dirt for the new trail at Lewmo. Bring your bike we can ride after.

Tools provided, meet in the gravel lot on 24
Lewis Morris Park Parking Lot

Last edited:

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Where’s the new trail being built?
North side of 24, added in red closer to the small parking area in whitehead road

89DF36B4-3672-4306-B44A-784BE1F43564.jpeg

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG

goldsbar

yep! with a little reroute and then eventually that will be the new patriots path for that section since that initial climb is not all that friendly for the casual hiker/biker.
Good news. It's not friendly for me and I ride multiple days/week! That "trail" has been used before by giant tracked vehicles. No idea for what, but it's trashed and the descent is actually fairly dangerous.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Good news. It's not friendly for me and I ride multiple days/week! That "trail" has been used before by giant tracked vehicles. No idea for what, but it's trashed and the descent is actually fairly dangerous.
with some work and little reroute, that downhill could be so fun. Thankfully the park person we are working with is open to side features working with what is there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions