Orange Trail Best Times….

SJMTBRick

I ripped my JORBA jersey shoulder-blocking a tree, that was a good time.
Chris got off his bike and said his legs felt like jelly, that was a great time.
Jersey Devil Rides would have to be the best, that is night time.

sj_john

Every time

Every time, Kurt, Rick, Mike and others adventured back with the truck and trailer
on the "butcher" work.

SJMTBRick

Every time, Kurt, Rick, Mike and others adventured back with the truck and trailer
on the "butcher" work.

Helicopter spin move is always a fun time!!

Rumor has it a Wabbit chasin' Wookie can be a good time....S@&t wrong cartoon ride characters :D

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
My last full loop (last year) was 2:12, which is pretty slow. Since then every time I have gone there I have flatted or broke something. I'm going today to try for under 2hrs.

1:30ish is supafast, and 1:50ish is pretty quick from what I see on strava.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I did 1:21 last year with the alloy scalpel, could probably trim that down with the new bike setup

Davesnhere

Best for me is 1:48:44…Took me a while to break the 2 hr mark…It is fun(and addicting) to try and beat your times…I've added to the orange trail, and now do the orange to Mt Jemima, back to orange..calling it the "BatJemima" Loop…2:10 on the Fatty, taking out the Single speed this Sunday to compare times….Main problem for me is if I do a big road ride on Saturday's after work, my Sundays aren't as fast. I know, just don't ride on Saturdays…but I'm addicted to 2 wheels, and can't stop!!! Keep Calm...and Bike On!!!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Did a 1:49:52 today, then headed back out for the blue loop. I enjoyed Wharton more than ever because of the burnt spots, very fast and scenic. Kurt and his crew really have this place dialed.

Interesting sights today: A metric shitton of deer up towards the north end of the penn branch, a 4' long snake laying across the trail that I bunny hopped and pretty much pooped myself because i thought it was a timber rattler. It was most like a pine snake, but didnt stick around for a picture. Also found the all too common "two lost women" at the intersection of orange and blue who were looking for the hiking trails over near the batona trail/village area. I was happy to get them headed back to the lot.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
…I've added to the orange trail, and now do the orange to Mt Jemima, back to orange..calling it the "BatJemima" Loop…

Have you been out to the old multi-use *red hat* trail on Devious Mount since the big burn? Depending on conditions that trail can be a hoot to ride.
And make for a long loop.

Last edited:

theranch

I did 1:21 last year with the alloy scalpel, could probably trim that down with the new bike setup

Really? That's smokin' fast. Fastest times posted on Strava this year is 1:28 by a CAT 1 rider in either direction on the orange loop.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions