Out of genre question, bike tour path

kaitlyn

Hey peeps. So I'm getting ready for my spring shakedown bike tour and am camping at Stephens. Komoot wants to route me a weird way, and I'd like some ground truth to this because I'm not sure if it's real. Basically, komoot says that there is a route from the end of Stephen's Park Road down to the ranger station. Trailforks doesn't have anything. I would be on a fully loaded touring bike. Does anyone know if this path actually exists? Otherwise I'll just come in on the road, but this would be a novel way to go. This would be south of Orange on the far west side of the park. Pictures attached.
Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 5.56.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 5.56.07 PM.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thats the old stephens rd that is closed off to cars. Its totally ridable but a long climb and gets steeper at the end and a little blown out then opens up to the open end of stephens road that is open to cars.

kaitlyn

Thats the old stephens rd that is closed off to cars. Its totally ridable but a long climb and gets steeper at the end and a little blown out then opens up to the open end of stephens road that is open to cars.
Oh cool! I'll be descending it, so I think I'll risk it. Thanks!
The little trek 520 that could wants to stretch her legs.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions