Parsippany Trails/After-work Rides

PRFilms

I started coming to Parsippany 3x per week for work. I plan on hitting up Tourne and Telemark. Any recommendations for other good spots close to Parsippany or (even better) after work rides that exist in the area?

goldsbar

Dickerson Mine is right down Rt 10W. If you hop on 80W, the Allamuchy trio are somewhat nearby. All depends on where you are in Parsippany and traffic.

Cole

Dickerson Mine is right down Rt 10W. If you hop on 80W, the Allamuchy trio are somewhat nearby. All depends on where you are in Parsippany and traffic.
I'm in Parsippany once or twice a week too. So this interests me ...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, there are some pretty good trails in Morris Plains behind those ugly condos you can see coming down Route 10. Pretty small, but lots of climbing and rockier than the other nearby trails. I don't think they are worth traveling for, but if you're already in Parsippany, they are worth checking out. There's much better stuff up around Splitrock, depending on your definition of better.

PRFilms

Thanks, everyone. These are all excellent suggestions. I'm right by Wegman's so it'd be great to be able to ride over to some ugly condo trails when I don't feel like driving to bike. Otherwise, I'll be checking out all of these areas mentioned. I'm generally in the area Tues-Thurs

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lots of rocky goodness up that hill in Morris plains. Used to be my backyard but apparently it’s expanded with a lot more trails since I was there.
1677020831472.jpeg

@JimN talks it down because it’s not wildcat. To be fair wildcat is only 15 min from there and probably the best trails in NJ if you like that kind of thing. Having a guide for either is a big help, though.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Lewis Morris is also close to your work spot for something different. I prefer all the other mentioned places better though.

TommyF

Dickerson Mine for after work riding, Marty's cycle in Randolph has a weekly Wednesday 6PM (currently night) ride followed by a BBQ. Lots of cool people and a great park to ride, fun at night too.

kaitlyn

Wait, what's behind the hill condos? Mountain Way? (checks map) Hey, did it disappear from trailforks?

Top Bottom