Planning to ride first time

jerzey111

I'm planning on riding on Sunday but never been. It looks like I could get lost very easily. Can someone recommend a nice introductory ride.

I'm thinking circleswitch, switch, Jack's, ancients.

Woukd this be good?

Thanks on advance

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I'm planning on riding on Sunday but never been. It looks like I could get lost very easily. Can someone recommend a nice introductory ride.

Woukd this be good?

Thanks on advance

That's the loop i started with and it's a good one. Download the Maprika app and one of the HM maps and you will not get lost, they're really good. I just whipped out the map at every intersection and found my way easily. Worst part of this time of year is leaf cover may make trails harder to distinguish but Ancients had the leaves cleared recently so it was easy to follow last night.

roc

Woukd this be good?

Thanks on advance
That will be a great ride, but I like ancients starting from the circle.
For a first time loop, I would take the yellow fire road up to ancients take ancients all the way to the end go past the golf course and hit and take rambler to dark forest up to secret, if you’re feeling strong do the wolf loop off of secrets, then make a left on yellow and follow that to deer pen to the top of high mountain, take in the view of the city and the come down wolf or Skytop, ten get to space mo7ntain to camels hump and finish up coming down circle switch.

jerzey111

Thank you very much guys!!! Lol @fidodie see what u did there

Tour would be great but I'm not sure about what time I'll be going on Sun but I am def be interested. Any night rides at HM?

Maprika sounds like the way to go

liong71er

@jerzey111
I'll give you tour the whole unmarked trails system,but I must warn you first,HM is very hilly and rocky, a little technical from all directions there's no flat except start from red trailhead,you're going to climb the whole ride either you love it or hate it
Expects 3-5 hrs ride for the whole trail
I dunno how fast or good you are
But,i'm very slow rider
We start as early as possible so,we can just enjoy the ride no hurry
I have to clear my busy schedule just for you don't let me down
So,are you still wanna come and take offer or else? Let me know before sunday.."_"

Liong

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
take rambler to dark forest up

I wouldn't suggest doing this until the rest of the trails are leaf blown. Rambler is currently gone. I seem to recall Snake and Dark Forest also being impossible to follow last year until they were cleaned up. I ended up bush whacking to white today after losing Rambler, and taking that up to Water Tower.

roc

I wouldn't suggest doing this until the rest of the trails are leaf blown. Rambler is currently gone. I seem to recall Snake and Dark Forest also being impossible to follow last year until they were cleaned up. I ended up bush whacking to white today after losing Rambler, and taking that up to Water Tower.
good point, I rode there on Tuesday and lost the trail a few times because of the leaves, and I know the place pretty well.

roc

Woukd this be good?

Thanks on advance
Did you like it?

jerzey111

I didn't make it. Schedules did not sync but I def want to check it out specially that it's one of the closest places

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions