pool hollow rd parking

JerseyPete

I just thought long and hard, this ride is a beast. I did 16 and change a few times over the last 10 days at Stephens and probably could have done a little more. But this is a sufferfest! From barbara drive to Shepard is probably 10 miles, maybe @JimN , knows, he’s probably done it. Maybe 2000 ft total climbing, if not more over 20 technical miles, I am going to say, that I can’t handle it.
good luck to you.
It is 24 miles when I have done it and about 2,000 ft from Pool Hollow to Shepard Lake and back.
I would suggest it as a "drop ride". I know I won't be doing the whole thing, but I may do 4-6 miles out and back. Get Max across Skyline Dr. and heading in the right direction before heading back down. Others can probably start or join in at various points (TOS, Ryerson, Shepard Lake) and bail.

I don't think I can either, I wanted to do this in the fall but there is an opportunity so I have to take it and try. Fully expect failure
Why not do segments first to get a feel of the task? TOS to the school and back.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I'm surprised the community is coming together to give you insight and affection.

I would've thought that they'd be like "easy ride, piece of cake, don't bring water, it's basically flat, don't call for help".

No they they want me to suffer and supporting me is the easiest way to lure me out

JTK37

I don't get out off road as often as I like to- though I'm by no means a roadie. I do 99% of my riding from TOS down yellow to the lake, up to the old manor house and detour around the pipeline and down Cannonball to 287 and back up, and when I say back up I usually walk 1/2-3/4 of the climb up Rye Cliff Rd to the parking lot. Reading everyones comments makes me feel a little bit better about this

Mtbdog

Went by Barbara Dr today and there is a gate that was chained and locked where the old soccer field was. May have to park elsewhere.

sundaydoug

Went by Barbara Dr today and there is a gate that was chained and locked where the old soccer field was. May have to park elsewhere.

When I lived in Wanaque I'd park at the end of Wolfe Drive which is off of Conklintown Road. There are spots for 3-4 cars, but hardly anyone is ever there since it's in a neighborhood and not many know about it. You'll have to pedal up to get to TOS, but it's an option since the top lot has been insane.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.30.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.30.27 AM.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 180

JerseyPete

When I lived in Wanaque I'd park at the end of Wolfe Drive which is off of Conklintown Road. There are spots for 3-4 cars, but hardly anyone is ever there since it's in a neighborhood and not many know about it. You'll have to pedal up to get to TOS, but it's an option since the top lot has been insane.
That is a good way to start on Blue to Orange and do the ridge. The home owner at the end and on the left has always offered me water when I have seen him. Nice guy.

sundaydoug

That is a good way to start on Blue to Orange and do the ridge. The home owner at the end and on the left has always offered me water when I have seen him. Nice guy.

That's exactly the ride I used to do. That guy is definitely super nice, I'd see him all the time. I miss riding over there.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Would a person and their bicycle fit through the gate? Asking for a friend.

JerseyPete

Would a person and their bicycle fit through the gate? Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend that it is easy to get in around the gate, the guard is no longer there, and to park on the homes side of the street as if you live there, as opposed to the field side as if you are riding. The very last house is a guy named Rich. If you see him, ask about wildlife in the area. He used to keep an eye out for coyote and bear and let mtn bikers know.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions