Post Your Doggo [woof]

Cole

He was beat after day one of hosting Memorial day BBQ and then had to do it all over again the next day.

Attachments

• 20230528_202444.jpg
    20230528_202444.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230528_195504.jpg
    20230528_195504.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230528_203316.jpg
    20230528_203316.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Our neighbor brought Desi and his 2 other pitties over the other day, and it was playtime.

The newest one (brindle) was meeting the Wonderpup for the first time.
First impression: WTF IS THIS THING BARKING AT ME WITH MURDER ON HIS MIND?!?

Introductions
BBC82C4D-2EE5-4843-AE0A-07E8B64E9531.jpeg

Then it kicks off
1C626896-DEA1-4197-B524-68C52D9C3110.jpeg

5BC07759-84EE-4C92-B696-E0F6033562A4.jpeg

C901F830-9B32-4A8A-8998-ACE976A22B89.jpeg

49572F4F-19BF-47A4-89CA-4E7EB1632A08.jpeg

And the king reclaims his turf
14EC99FF-CFA3-438F-9599-ED7411C83FF8.jpeg

serviceguy

Posting here for maximum exposure to dog lovers…we’re looking into boarding Bailey L. during the two central weeks of August, 8/5 to 8/20 approximately. Anybody here does it professionally or can refer a good place ? Bailey is a 70 lbs, loving couch potato with a penchant for the occasional escapade, she can’t be left off the leash.
IMG_7182.jpeg
IMG_7119.jpeg

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Posting here for maximum exposure to dog lovers…we’re looking into boarding Bailey L. during the two central weeks of August, 8/5 to 8/20 approximately. Anybody here does it professionally or can refer a good place ? Bailey is a 70 lbs, loving couch potato with a penchant for the occasional escapade, she can’t be left off the leash.
View attachment 215372
View attachment 215373
My neighbor with the pitties there has a grooming business/hotel in Spring Valley NY.
If that’s not too far, I can connect you with him.

serviceguy

My neighbor with the pitties there has a grooming business/hotel in Spring Valley NY.
If that’s not too far, I can connect you with him.
Thanks. I’ll check the website ed and get back to you. The boss is in control of the process so I’ve no idea of what works or doesn’t…did you ever use them? It sounds very good as per their description. Generally speaking, when they list ‘day care’ is that in addition to the nightly rate or included?

Last edited:

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks. I’ll check the website ed and get back to you. The boss is in control of the process so I’ve no idea of what works or doesn’t…did you ever use them? It sounds very good as per their description. Generally speaking, when they list ‘day care’ is that in addition to the nightly rate or included?
Haven’t used them for hoteling (we are very fortunate to have friends and fam clamoring to take care of the pup when we go away), but we send him in for the day occasionally for socialization. Completely trust him and his staff, otherwise he wouldn’t get our boy.
Will inquire on the day care.

serviceguy

The Escape Artist Formerly Known as Bailey L. has now reached a new highlight in her career slipping out of her collar while unsupervised and going for a ride on the neighborhood. She was found gorging on dog treats on a neighbor deck. My wife was fuming because she had to admit, to the amazement of the neighbor, that she does not respond to her name when called. Still the case outside. All it took was for me to drive by and open the door and she jumped right in. But I am quite confident she would do that with everyone. There two of the, Bailey L. the indoor dog that can't get enough attentions and the outdoor Escaper Artist that basically has zero f**ks to give...

Cole

The Escape Artist Formerly Known as Bailey L. has now reached a new highlight in her career slipping out of her collar while unsupervised and going for a ride on the neighborhood. She was found gorging on dog treats on a neighbor deck. My wife was fuming because she had to admit, to the amazement of the neighbor, that she does not respond to her name when called. Still the case outside. All it took was for me to drive by and open the door and she jumped right in. But I am quite confident she would do that with everyone. There two of the, Bailey L. the indoor dog that can't get enough attentions and the outdoor Escaper Artist that basically has zero f**ks to give...

A training collar really helped my dog. It has a vibration function and that was enough to get him to understand he needs to stay close and now gets to come hang out side with us off leash

Attachments

• 20230602_193710.jpg
    20230602_193710.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 16

Fat Trout

A training collar really helped my dog. It has a vibration function and that was enough to get him to understand he needs to stay close and now gets to come hang out side with us off leash
100%. These collars are invaluable. We almost never have to use the shock part after a first time or 2. Its always the vibration to "get their attention" if they are distracted enough to not respond right away to verbal. Typically its the youngest of our group and if they haven't been out to play or hike recently.

Cole

100%. These collars are invaluable. We almost never have to use the shock part after a first time or 2. Its always the vibration to "get their attention" if they are distracted enough to not respond right away to verbal. Typically its the youngest of our group and if they haven't been out to play or hike recently.
Yeah, my turn around is in part him being older. And then I guess the collar, it was really just the first week we needed to buzz him.

Fat Trout

Yeah, my turn around is in part him being older. And then I guess the collar, it was really just the first week we needed to buzz him.
Unrelated...your dog reminds me of the only dog we successfully "fostered" and found a home. We suck as foster parents.....we always end up keeping them. Lena...aka Lena Beena (pictured) has a great home

Attachments

• Resized_IMG_20190606_235131.jpeg
    Resized_IMG_20190606_235131.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10

Cole

Unrelated...your dog reminds me of the only dog we successfully "fostered" and found a home. We suck as foster parents.....we always end up keeping them. Lena...aka Lena Beena (pictured) has a great home
Haha, yeah I could never do it. A couple months ago @extremedave posted his foster pups. We considered a 2nd, since my guy needs a friend. But we need to wait, doing and addition this summer and after that we will.

iman29

The dog trainer in me tells me that Bailey escape artist doesn’t reply to her name or give any f**cks because there’s no value to her to respond.

Most times when I’m asked how to help get the dog to come when they are called and I ask the owner to show me what they currently do I observe yelling or shouting or angry voices being used. If I was a dog I probably wouldn’t reply to that either.

I know she’s older now but I think with some easy drills on practicing recall she would respond pretty easily. Just takes consistency and repetition.

I have not trained your dog nor am I making any judgements or assumptions on what you and your wife are or are not doing. just sharing my experiences.

IMHO Im not a fan of training collars except maybe in extreme cases where other methods have failed and it’s a safety issue. Also not judging those who use it but it’s not for me or my dog or my dog training clients.

Top Bottom