Radsport XC at Forever Farm - April 6, 2024 (MASS XC 1)

Never even heard of the venue before...am curious to hear any info

I'll be there for my first time. Cat 1 SS. Course description question came up in discussions with some teammates via FB.

"It’s rocky. The race is very close to Bear Creek but not as technical. I don’t remember anything that stood out, like long climbs or descents. I think there is a video of the course ridden by Bob Lea somewhere on YouTube."

As I mentioned in the previous post, 1st time racing here. Bobby Lea is a MASS Elite Pro who hosts the race on his property. Course had a good mix of rocky tech, short punchy climbs and fun ST. There was 1 really damp spot, that seemed to never end. Also think we experienced all 4 seasons throughout the day.

Saw @jShort warming up prior to the Cat1 start. I was in Cat1 SS, with just 2 of us registered, we started after 19-39 and before 40-49. Wasn't long into the 1st lap that Jeremy was passing me in the muddy section. I know the other SSer registered and we agreed to just ride together. He ended up front flatting, didn't have anything on him to deal with it, so I gave him a CO2. We rode together for awhile more and it started going flat again. After that, I didn't wait for him and just rode alone for laps 2 and 3 to the finish getting 1st place. Really wanted to keep it upright, practice rocks for the upcoming Rattling MTB race in 2 weeks and see how I recover today.

Congrats to @jShort on his win in the Cat1 40-49 and @krink for a 3rd in Cat3 50+.

Anyone else there yesterday?

I'll be there for my first time. Cat 1 SS. Course description question came up in discussions with some teammates via FB.

"It’s rocky. The race is very close to Bear Creek but not as technical. I don’t remember anything that stood out, like long climbs or descents. I think there is a video of the course ridden by Bob Lea somewhere on YouTube."
Agree with above. Reminded me of the eastern part of Stephens above trestle with some flow and some roots and some rock gardens. Nothing we haven’t all seen before. It was a good time.

Agree with above. Reminded me of the eastern part of Stephens above trestle with some flow and some roots and some rock gardens. Nothing we haven’t all seen before. It was a good time.
The section that Cat1 and 2 did after the course split for Cat3 was pretty rocky tech. Where I was watching the Cat2s definitely had some people puckering.

Question for both @jShort and @krink in the chain waxing discussion.

Back
Top Bottom