Ramapo Mountain Conditions

bucknejo

ramapo early sunday morning wasn't too bad. troublespots for sure, but mostly very ridable. thanks goes out to gill, ira, fred, and boz for showing me around. apologies for making you wait.

Berms&Boofs

***Caution to anyone riding the Cannonball trail between Skyline Drive and the lake ***

There is a power line that has been crossing the trail for years. However, it fell during the winter and now is at chest/neck level.

SSmtbr

Just a bump for conditions. Rode Cannonball yesterday from TOS to 287 then over to Matapan Rock overlook and back to TOS. A few wet spots near 287 in the low-lying areas but overall in great shape.

Haven't ridden that side of Skyline in probably 2 years and just noticed the really nice re-route (although short) on the RW side of Skyline before you get to the gasline. Some cheater lines on the switchbacks and tougher sections which is a bit disappointing but was good revisiting the trails.

JerseyPete

Anyone know the current conditions from Top Of Skyline Drive up to the Ridge, yellow to red?
I'll probably head up in a little while. I expect mud on the red/white trail just behind the TOS parking area, but the rest should be ice or bare rock in the shadows.

JerseyPete

Hard pack snow/ice .
20190217_135332.jpg

sundaydoug

Yup, gotta get there early. I rode there with a buddy on New Year's day and we were one of 5-6 cars in the lot at 9am, but when our ride was done at noon the lot was packed and people were waiting for spots to open up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions