Ramp (s) for kids

Something for my son to practice getting comfortable with small drops, lifting the front
I started my kids w/ the streetside curb, and from there I got hold of a shipping pallet, tore it apart, and built a long drop/ramp that I can put anywhere and adjust the height of it as needed w/ boulders, firewood, etc. No one's gotten hurt (yet).

The ones you can buy tend to be more expensive, but depending on which ones way more modular and adjustable. Sure there are cheaper options too, I just don't know them.

Landwave ramps are perfect to learn small jumps and drops and seem to be easy to find used (cheap) on Facebook marketplace.

I got this exact setup for $80, and have heard of even better deals.

IMG_5013.jpeg

Last edited:
I started my kids w/ the streetside curb, and from there I got hold of a shipping pallet, tore it apart, and built a long drop/ramp that I can put anywhere and adjust the height of it as needed w/ boulders, firewood, etc. No one's gotten hurt (yet).

The ones you can buy tend to be more expensive, but depending on which ones way more modular and adjustable. Sure there are cheaper options too, I just don't know them.
Snapped some photos of my shipping pallet solution. Right now it's set up as about a 1-foot drop. Like I said, I can raise it just by putting stuff under the far end. I have a nice spot on the property where the landing area is downsloping so gives it that drop feel (might not be able to tell from a photo tho). And yes I'm a sh*t for brains who had a trail sign made since the kids get a kick out of it.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 1.20.27 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 1.20.08 PM.jpeg

Snapped some photos of my shipping pallet solution. Right now it's set up as about a 1-foot drop. Like I said, I can raise it just by putting stuff under the far end. I have a nice spot on the property where the landing area is downsloping so gives it that drop feel (might not be able to tell from a photo tho). And yes I'm a sh*t for brains who had a trail sign made since the kids get a kick out of it.

View attachment 238460
View attachment 238461
Man your yard is way nice. This is inspiring.

Now I just need a backhoe

Man your yard is way nice. This is inspiring.

Now I just need a backhoe
That's all mother nature w/ the amount of rain we've had. Also why I haven't ridden Chimney Rock nearly as much as expected cuz all the rain flows down from my neighborhood onto the trails.

Options...

Back
Top Bottom