Ringwood in the Media…

Robin

Thanks for sharing. I just heard a snippet of this on SciFri podcast this weekend and forgot to download.

serviceguy

Worth a listen. Hazard NJ Podcast: Heart of Ringwood.

This may explain why we glow a blue light at night. It's actually quite convenient because I don't need a flashlight to take the dog out in the middle of the night to do her business and bears run away when they see us...J/K.

I did not listen to the podcast but from what I know it's a story of corporate greed and corrupt local politician, still trying to get away with it.

onetracker

This may explain why we glow a blue light at night. It's actually quite convenient because I don't need a flashlight to take the dog out in the middle of the night to do her business and bears run away when they see us...J/K.

I did not listen to the podcast but from what I know it's a story of corporate greed and corrupt local politician, still trying to get away with it.
You should give a listen; it is short and quite balanced. Also, a good history lesson.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
and this is why we can't bury radioactive material in a vault on the bottom of the ocean.....

good listen.

Mr.Moto

You should give a listen; it is short and quite balanced. Also, a good history lesson.
This was well done summary of the Upper Ringwood / Ford dumping situation and the struggles of the people living at and dealing with the aftermath. It mentioned a number of key media focal points including the Bergen Record five part investigative report that helped to reinstate the site as Superfund site and the HBO documentary Mann v. Ford that covers the Ramapo Indian's issues and fight.

The Bergen Record Toxic Legacy series and HBO documentary are must read / see for more detailed information on the history and overall situation.

Amazon product

The health, livelihood and rights of the Ramapo Indian people living in the area have been marginalized for decades and the current solution does not help them. They are still living on a toxic timebomb.

Long term, the concern of chemicals such as 1,4-dioxane and others leaching into ground water, wells and into the Wanaque reservoir will only be a matter of time as capping will not address the untold tons of paint sludge and chemicals dumped into the mines shafts that will never be excavated. Test wells have been drilled around the site and supposedly checked regularly.

V-Dub

When in the neighborhood y'all should drive up Peters mine rd. and take a look at work going on to seal the mine mouth and large area of dumping, its huge!

MuniMan

This publication has a description of Peters mine and a lot of others in the area. Interesting read. It was written just after WW2. It’ll be pretty hard to seal a mine that is dug to 1500’ below the surface extends out horizontally following the ore

Peter’s is on pdf page 71

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions