Ringwood State Park Trail Projects 2021

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
We have approval on an additional reroute section of Cooper Union that will avoid the hill where the Cooper Union is co-mingled with ( red ) Ringwood-Ramapo trail just south of where the recent completed section rejoins the old trail. This additional section is already roughed in and blazed. Providing the rain stops, we should be up there to complete that section today. We plan to get everything complete in the next week.

roc

I went back to Ringwood today and rode the new singletrack in the downhill direction. Man, that was some awesome, flowy fun! And this is coming from someone that doesn't like downhills, flow, or fun.
I’m riding from the school tomorrow, where is this new section located. I’m very familiar with ringwood, but I don’t know this trail.
thanks

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m riding from the school tomorrow, where is this new section located. I’m very familiar with ringwood, but I don’t know this trail.
thanks

Head toward Sterling from Lot A, make a right on Cooper Union (yellow), and just follow the yellow blazes.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
At some point we would like to redo the intersection of cooper union and crossover. We will need to submit proposal, so that is not happening any time soon, but it is on the list. Be aware that the turn is tight and unnatural.

serviceguy

Finally rode the new trail, struggled a little bit on the two punchy climbs right after turning on yellow, just me being me. The trail is great and makes for a much better ride to state line and back.

Last edited:

serviceguy

Watch the calendar for work dates on the upcoming Ringwood-Ramapo Tr re-route project. Ringwood Trail Crew expect to break ground on that project soon. The section of trail being re-routed is the section of eroded road between Reyerson School and six bridges area. The project is fully approved by the state and will greatly improve the south end of the park with sustainable single track. The proposed rerouted trail will be 100% single track combination of side hill trail and rock gardens. We are hoping for a late summer to fall 2022 completion, but that all depends on weather and you (our volunteers). If you ride Ringwood, and want to get involved, please consider coming out to help. Thanks!
Nothing on the calendar just yet. Not sure if Art and I will have time to start this before we head out for winter. Tom and James are on it and hopefully have a few dates up by spring.
It started. The reroute was off to a great start on Black Friday, great work from the usual suspects James and Tom (all the 3 of them) plus an awesome guest appearance by the pro @pooriggy who drove all the way from the deep South to help out. And all the volunteers obviously. Very proud of being part of this community!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The reroute was off to a great start on Black Friday,

It was a great start. Big rocks were moved, a lot of benching, some cribbing. This is hard work, but so is mtbing and you feel just as good after a session, maybe even better in knowing others will benefit from your labor.

If you mtb Ringwood, please consider donating some time when you can. The trails in NJ are maintained and built primarily with volunteers. The more folks that get involved, the better it is for all of us.

Do what you can, when you can, the best you can.

Cheers

@serviceguy contemplating his next move.

20211126_132600.jpg

serviceguy

It was a great start. Big rocks were moved, a lot of benching, some cribbing. This is hard work, but so is mtbing and you feel just as good after a session, maybe even better in knowing others will benefit from your labor.

If you mtb Ringwood, please consider donating some time when you can. The trails in NJ are maintained and built primarily with volunteers. The more folks that get involved, the better it is for all of us.

Cheers

View attachment 171839
Yes, I’m know for contemplating, a lot…

serviceguy

Week end TM session on the Ringwood Ramapo Reroute on Sunday 12/5 , if you enjoy these trail and have some spare time please come help build some more awesomeness! Nothing like riding a trail you helped build (I wouldn't know, I rarely ride, but I digress). It also makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about yourself (after, during it maybe a tad cold so make sure to bring warm and sturdy boots, sufficient layers of clothing to peel off if you get cold and gloves). What's not to like?

serviceguy

Let's try this again. This year RTC his hosting some of the most amazing TM sessions, attended by the most beautiful/handsome, intelligent, witty and fun to be around volunteers ever seen in this state or any other...missing any of this sessions would be criminal, don't be criminal! Help @pooriggy on Saturday https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/western-monmouth-county-trail-build.53203/ and come move some rocks on Sunday 12/12 at 9:00am at Ryerson , who needs riding during the weekend anyway?

Last edited:

serviceguy

Cheers

View attachment 171839
More contemplating, this time watching other people doing the work, my favorite activity...I could do this forever!
265206505_4552472301497872_4788800204449365991_n.jpg

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Looks awesome gang! Sorry to miss all this , but great to see the passion. I am getting stoked to ride this next spring. Thanks volunteers!

sundaydoug

I was driving home a few weeks ago headed west on Sterling Mine Rd. around 8pm, and could see 3 riders with lights descending what I think is the new section of Cooper Union down towards the road. I don't usually ride that area of Ringwood, so I'm not entirely sure what trail it was. A few lights in the woods to my left caught my eye, and as I was driving I could see a few riders ripping that little downhill. If anyone here was maybe part of that little group, just know that it looked pretty cool from the road!

serviceguy

I was driving home a few weeks ago headed west on Sterling Mine Rd. around 8pm, and could see 3 riders with lights descending what I think is the new section of Cooper Union down towards the road. I don't usually ride that area of Ringwood, so I'm not entirely sure what trail it was. A few lights in the woods to my left caught my eye, and as I was driving I could see a few riders ripping that little downhill. If anyone here was maybe part of that little group, just know that it looked pretty cool from the road!
Maybe State Line, the new Cooper Union section is further back up the hill but it could have been as well.
cooper union.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions