Rogue Trail Building

rcarch

FYI to the Group - if you know who is building any of the 'rogue' trails on Baldpate, please ask them to stop immediately. The County Park Rangers are aware of what is going on and that unapproved work could cost us (the JORBA supported group) access to the park. It could also ultimately mean a ban on mountain bikes in the park. Needless to say, we have been warned. Thanks for your cooperation.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This goes down in every park do some degree or another.

Baldpate has so much potential and that is what make this behavior so tempting.

This should stop for sure, but the feeling of entitlement that makes this so prevalent never ends.

solorider

Where are the rogue trails? I ride baldpate once a wk, I'll keep an eye out. Definitely mtb? Hunting season is around the corner and this place pretty much shuts down and "those people" take real nice care of the place/trails. I know there is a baldpate facebook group as well.

rcarch

There is one along the Red trail, that is pretty established and a new one being cut in off of the Ridge Trail. I am not sure what the County plans to do other than have rangers out there trying to cut off any new trail building. I am hoping that we (the JORBA backed group) can bring a plan to the County to incorporate the one running from the Red to the Power Line trail into to the trail system. It needs some more work to be a sustainable layout. We shall see. I admin the FB page, so sign on up!

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I noticed a couple spots along the ridge trail that looked like people were trying to cover up. A customer was saying they went down one and it dead ended and was quad width the whole way back. Sounds like hunters. What is the one that goes from red to powerline? The one at the t intersection at the top of the ridge trail? I dont really know the trails by name.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I noticed a couple spots along the ridge trail that looked like people were trying to cover up. A customer was saying they went down one and it dead ended and was quad width the whole way back. Sounds like hunters. What is the one that goes from red to powerline? The one at the t intersection at the top of the ridge trail? I dont really know the trails by name.

Do the trails have names? No horse trail, switchback trail? Anyways the red trail is the one that loops to and from the field at the top and heads over by the quarry. It is wide double track and wet as hell in the winter. Anyways the one from red to power line t's from that.

Top Bottom