Rollerblading

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know that @stb222 has been eagerly anticipating me posting this thread.

I got into rollerblading as a teenager, and we played a lot of roller hockey like 25 years ago. A couple of times over the past few years, I've thought about buying a pair and skating again. My brother sent me a video a few weeks ago of his 5 and 7 year olds skating with him, so I ended up buying a pair of FR1 skates. I've been out four times at the local roller hockey rinks, and it's been fucking amazing. I feel like I'm 15 years old, and I basically skate until my feet are practically bleeding because I can't stop.

Anyway, we have two pretty decent rinks in Parsippany and two at Greystone. Once I get more confident that I remember what I'm doing and can stop better, I'll probably do some hooligan rides around town. Hit me up if anyone wants to join.

serviceguy

I got into rollerblading as a teenager, and we played a lot of roller hockey like 25 years ago. A couple of times over the past few years, I've thought about buying a pair and skating again. My brother sent me a video a few weeks ago of his 5 and 7 year olds skating with him, so I ended up buying a pair of FR1 skates. I've been out four times at the local roller hockey rinks, and it's been fucking amazing. I feel like I'm 15 years old, and I basically skate until my feet are practically bleeding because I can't stop.

Anyway, we have two pretty decent rinks in Parsippany and two at Greystone. Once I get more confident that I remember what I'm doing and can stop better, I'll probably do some hooligan rides around town. Hit me up if anyone wants to join.
Off course I still have my old rollerblade from 20+ years ago somewhere in the garage, let me modify the hell out of them before buying a pair of the new geometry ones…

JerseyPete

When I went from ice skating to rollerblades, I learned quickly that the stopping method is very different.
I have 20+ years old Rollerblades in my attic that I have not used in 18+ years.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Believe it or not I used to do a ton for crosstraining when I was seriously xc racing mtbs. Especially between marriages, it was another thing to tell girls how awesome I was. "Hey babe can't meet this afternoon got get 25 miles on my blades." I actually loved it but I have passed the age limit now.

EJphotos

I've got a pair of nice mission roller hockey skates that I haven't used in a few years.
I should lace up and hit a rink soon.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
He's out of practice and probably isn't as good as he remembers. Plus, he doesn't know what kind of skills I have.

I was going to the skatepark just a few months ago preparing for this day. I knew it was gonna come in handy.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We used to play a shit ton of hockey in the early ‘90s. Still have my skates in the basement. They’ve been a few times over the past decade at the kids birthday parties.

w_b

Ice and roller, then blades came out, always had fun, but I think I aged out too. Similar to skating.

RTalk, I do some painting, and I’m sore for days. Up and down ladders WTF.

edit: I’m gonna go sit in the hot tub.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I sorta forget roller blades where used for hockey, I just assumed it was for this:

1650938438699.gif

JerseyPete

I believe the blue car at the beginning is a Fiat 850 spider. I think I am old enough that I would break my coccyx if I were to try them on again.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I sorta forget roller blades where used for hockey, I just assumed it was for this:

Lol, I've never heard that term, but I know that skateboarders had beef with rollerbladers. I was never cool enough to skateboard, as it was way too difficult.

Top Bottom