Save 909

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I have been made aware there the DEC is planning on closing a number of trails at 909. While I dont get up to 909 that often...I have ridden there and its a really cool place. Hate to hear about potential trail closings.

This site is dedicated to saving the trails there and has some ways you can help. I emailed the DEC this morning. Take a look
Save 909

xc62701

Thanks for making us aware of this. I agree. I haven't been there often, but love the trails when I get up there.

I emailed a sec ago. Please lend your support to save the trails!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Email sent.

I don't ride here, but have raced 909. Instead of removing trails not recognized by the state, they should be made legal since they've been in use for more then 10yrs.

Since covid, trails have proven to be more valuable then ever. Why remove sustainable trail that people use?

serviceguy

Email sent.

I don't ride here, but have raced 909. Instead of removing trails not recognized by the state, they should be made legal since they've been in use for more then 10yrs.

Since covid, trails have proven to be more valuable then ever. Why remove sustainable trail that people use?
Reading up the link provided by the Save 909 folks, there's a solid chance it's due to the DEC (whatever that is) keeping poor track of the authorized Vs unauthorized trails. Which is bizarre because it's most uncommon for a governing body not to be aware what it is supposed to 'govern'...;)

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
909 is great. I’ll check with some locals to see if they have any color on this.

MMuller

Isn't this the race that crossed a road at some point? I think I remember one year it being like 102 degrees and there was no water onsite. I think this pic is from there, maybe circa 2010 or 11?

south jersey 017.jpg

Robin

@MMuller that was my only time riding at 909 - racing...if that is the same race, it rained the night before and they changed the course. I remember it being mostly a survival race...blazing hot and humid. And apparently most of the "fun" trails were taken out of the race.

Top Bottom