Sealant safe co2(or other gas) cartridge?

Rusty

used co2 with stan's for years without issue, am I about to explode or something?

Karate Monkey

I usually get the valve pointed up, and sealant pooled in the bottom. Never had any problems with Bonty, or Orange Seal, though I did experience some separation with OG stans.

If you blast it right at the sealant, it can get hinky.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aspen problems 🤣
If only this were a large.
Okay, I know you guys are joking, but we know SS is faster, so it could very likely shorten the viable lifespan of sealant.
C6AF15BA-EABD-486F-B3E0-7A36534FADE0.jpeg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I heard Stan’s say in a podcast that the sealant is useless after a co2 but I’ve definitely kept riding one long after so 🤷‍♂️

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
MAybe use co2 when racing, but go with a mini pump when JRA ?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I keep one of these in the Farley’s frame bag…. It uses propane instead of co2. It’s allegedly “ok”.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From stans site:

Is Stan's sealant compatible with CO2?​

CO2 is best used in an emergency situation. If you have no other means to get your tire to seat, you can use CO2. However, we recommend that you let the CO2 out either after your ride, or after setting up your tire, and replace it with regular air. Prolonged exposure to CO2 can cause the sealant to separate and/or decrease the life of your sealant.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I keep one of these in the Farley’s frame bag…. It uses propane instead of co2. It’s allegedly “ok”.

This seems like a great idea. Almost as good as using propane as a refrigerant (which it is excellent at)

💣

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
From stans site:

Is Stan's sealant compatible with CO2?​

CO2 is best used in an emergency situation. If you have no other means to get your tire to seat, you can use CO2. However, we recommend that you let the CO2 out either after your ride, or after setting up your tire, and replace it with regular air. Prolonged exposure to CO2 can cause the sealant to separate and/or decrease the life of your sealant.
How did you find this info

Top Bottom