Slaying the Dragon - @Sterling

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is another rock spine on the loop...if you are riding the loop clockwise, you ride down it....The end is steep with a tricky roll down to the right.....I tried riding up this one, but couldnt get it. This one to me seems REALLY hard, but I think its doable. Getting up onto the spine, I needed 4th gear to get enough speed, but then I couldnt turn that over.....i'll have to try this one again sometime...I swear I saw a video of someone doing it. Wish I could do that trials hippity hoppity stuff like Jeff and Lance can.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
There is another rock spine on the loop...if you are riding the loop clockwise, you ride down it....The end is steep with a tricky roll down to the right.....I tried riding up this one, but couldnt get it. This one to me seems REALLY hard, but I think its doable. Getting up onto the spine, I needed 4th gear to get enough speed, but then I couldnt turn that over.....i'll have to try this one again sometime...I swear I saw a video of someone doing it. Wish I could do that trials hippity hoppity stuff like Jeff and Lance can.
I think I found a possible answer to the hippity hoppity trials issue @UtahJoe. Jeff Lenosky , watch out!😂
C14D0D49-5E77-4E1E-ADDF-609C05FCE4C5.png

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
‼️ New feature alert ‼️

Been working on this one all week. It’s located about 100’ below the Dragon’s Tail. The feature is a 90° turn up and onto a massive rock. There’s an off camber roller on the opposite side. Or a 4’ drop to flat, if that’s your thing. I’ll build a landing pad eventually.

I still need to lay down dirt and reinforce the exit point, but it’s ridable now. Of course, the weather needs to cooperate. :confused:

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7110.jpeg

IMG_7111.jpeg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Finished the line but it’s not perfect. The expected rain will probably wash away the dirt I laid down. Once it dries out and people pack it down, it’ll get faster. I was exhausted riding back and slid out on my way to the parking lot. Took a nice dinger to the forearm and woke up today stiff AF.

IMG_7124.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Looks good !!!
Thanks. From the power line, going counter clockwise and down the Dragon's Tail, is a fun 1/2 mile of downhill. There is a massive and steep roller that I'm going to work on next. It's about 25’ and scary looking from the top. 😬 😈

Last edited:

Ashcor

Thanks. From the top of the power line, going counter clockwise and down the Dragon's Tail, is a fun 1/2 mile of downhill. There is a massive and steep roller that I'm going to work on next. It's scary looking down from the top. 😬 😈
Is the "Dragon's Tail" the switchback down from the power lines (counter clockwise)?

TommyF

Thanks. From the top of the power line, going counter clockwise and down the Dragon's Tail, is a fun 1/2 mile of downhill. There is a massive and steep roller that I'm going to work on next. It's scary looking down from the top. 😬 😈
Wondering if that's the roller I've seen Jeff Lenosky jump off of?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions