So what did you break this time??

Cassinonorth

image_123927839.JPG

That's all that was basically left from my bearing, also some cracking going on in the seat stay from the bearing getting absolutely destroyed in about 9 months. Tiny bearings in suspension linkage is a very annoying choice, Rocky Mountain. Thankfully they're covering the replacement under warranty.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 218647

That's all that was basically left from my bearing, also some cracking going on in the seat stay from the bearing getting absolutely destroyed in about 9 months. Tiny bearings in suspension linkage is a very annoying choice, Rocky Mountain. Thankfully they're covering the replacement under warranty.
Not ideal. Preferably it's bearings in a link vs swingarms. Usually easier to replace and if the link does get screwed up, easier/cheaper to buy a new link than swingarm.

Cassinonorth

Not ideal. Preferably it's bearings in a link vs swingarms. Usually easier to replace and if the link does get screwed up, easier/cheaper to buy a new link than swingarm.

Now it's something I'll be checking frequently with this bike.

I'm going to start calling the bike Icarus, it's built too light for how slack and capable it is and seems to be ripping itself apart. Something like the Trail 429 or Spur may be a bit more in line with how burly it should be.

Top Bottom