Sourland Mountain Trail Directory

THATmanMANNY

Just realized that most of Sourlands is mapped on Google Streetview. 360 degree views of most of the trails.
I guess it will let people know what they're in for!
WOW what?! Is this the google standard to do this? Or does some random hiker just upload this?

Last edited:

JPark

WOW what?! Is this the google standard to do this? Or does some random hiker just upload this?
I have no idea, but it's pretty cool.
I just wish the leaves weren't on the ground when they filmed it. It obscures some of the gnar.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hiker with a backpack with camera sticking out the top. I’m not sure if it was an independent company which google purchased, or The goog did it.

I’ve seen one of the guys up in Morristown

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It has been implemented in various locations

they also have remote control 4 wheeler thing to do tow paths and such, I saw one north of Stockton. It was awesome.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I clicked on the old trail map link and much to my surprise, the online map has been updated based on the latest trail re-marking. It also looks like they moved/reduced the intersection marker numbers (on the map anyway, I hope they also physically changed them). Next time I'm down there I will verify. Not sure i want to change my TrailForks names to match their map though, since we don't actually ride in the loops they have defined.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I clicked on the old trail map link and much to my surprise, the online map has been updated based on the latest trail re-marking. It also looks like they moved/reduced the intersection marker numbers (on the map anyway, I hope they also physically changed them). Next time I'm down there I will verify. Not sure i want to change my TrailForks names to match their map though, since we don't actually ride in the loops they have defined.

some people are still walking up the old fall-line trail to marker 5 rather than taking new shoes.
The county map doesn't show it correctly.

I may take a rake up there and open up the switchback where the hikers cut is marked on new shoes.

There are a few more intersection makers that don't have ID#s on them yet.
The installer didn't do a great job of getting them in vertically. I'll take a pic.

I'd like to add a switchback at that boulder/tree feature above marker 5 -
it would clear space for the step down (send it!) coming down the trail,
and remove a steep section - we'll see.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions