Sourlands TM Session Sat 11/19 9am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Come join us for the final Sourlands trail work session of the season. Meet at the main Sourlands parking lot and look for the Park Ranger truck. Tools and instruction will be provided, but please bring your own work gloves, sturdy shoes, bug spray and water. Scope will be bridge and boardwalk repair using JORBA-donated lumber. I can't promise there won't be rock moving, but it's not the main activity.

Saturday 11/19/22 9am-1pm
421 E Mountain Rd
Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'm supposed to rake leaves at a stranger's house.
Just something we do every year.
so pending.

THATmanMANNY

The conditions thread isn’t working but I’m sad to report SL is closed today. They are working on the entrance. WTF. This fucked up my mood. Another way to enter? I know of the emergency trail but probably overgrown. Aaahh

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The conditions thread isn’t working but I’m sad to report SL is closed today. They are working on the entrance. WTF. This fucked up my mood. Another way to enter? I know of the emergency trail but probably overgrown. Aaahh

start at the top of zion/long hill and come down the pipeline? There is a small parking lot

There is an entrance at the top of Murray/Starview - but you'd have to bushwack, unless the kids did some work

The house is gone on miller - so could come in there - bike not car.

There is an entrance behind the antenna tower on zion. leads to the moto trails, but comes out far enough down the pipeline
that you don't need to cross the lake. around biggs ln.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
start at the top of zion/long hill and come down the pipeline? There is a small parking lot

There is an entrance at the top of Murray/Starview - but you'd have to bushwack, unless the kids did some work

The house is gone on miller - so could come in there - bike not car.

There is an entrance behind the antenna tower on zion. leads to the moto trails, but comes out far enough down the pipeline
that you don't need to cross the lake. around biggs ln.

100%. The entrance at the top of long hill is the easiest, but you have to deal with the quicksand spot. You can also go down the driveway to the north and go through the cemetery and end up on the moto trails that dump onto the pipeline.

rick81721

Lothar

Starting from top of Zion sucks - you'll be going thru tons of mud. Best way is park in Lubas ballfield on 601, hang a left out of the lot and the connector trail is about 1000' on your right.

THATmanMANNY

I was at Lubas but due to time constraint I zoomed to 6mile. At that point I wanted as much singletrack as I can get in.

Thanks for the tips! It'll probably never happen again but I am interested in learning about these moto trails?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I was at Lubas but due to time constraint I zoomed to 6mile. At that point I wanted as much singletrack as I can get in.

Thanks for the tips! It'll probably never happen again but I am interested in learning about these moto trails?

I’ll send you a text

JPark

If we have a surplus of volunteers, maybe we can have some people rake off the bigger rock lines. They were getting buried with leaves last time I was there.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
If we have a surplus of volunteers, maybe we can have some people rake off the bigger rock lines. They were getting buried with leaves last time I was there.
Yes, I'm bringing rakes since we'll probably have to rake off bridges anyway. Also bring hammers and screw guns if anyone wants.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Unfortunately I’m out. Wife had COVID, now the daughter has COVID - and I don’t want to pass it since I’m so close to it. I keep testing negative somehow.

jklett

I'm not going to make it this time, I am sick and don't want to spread whatever I have. I was really looking forward to this one too, TM always brings me out of my funk and I really need it right about now.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Thanks to @snashters, @Robin, @JPark , and Vanessa for helping replace rotten/broken boards on the River Bed Connector trail today. A 2nd group of hiker volunteers did some repairs on Parking Lot Loop and Lower Trail 1. We also cleared a few drainage nicks and moved a couple rocks (couldn't help ourselves). Ranger told us "The boards we need to replace are spray painted with a white dot". Lol
20221119_095923.jpg

PXL_20221119_152512242.jpg

PXL_20221119_145359653.MP.jpg

PXL_20221119_161622476.MP.jpg

20221119_104343.jpg

20221119_092326.jpg

PXL_20221119_163200307.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_163200307.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221119_163200307.MP.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 64

Trail Conditions