Sourlands TM Session Sat 5/21 9am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG

Come join us for the first Sourlands trail work session of the season. Meet at the main Sourlands parking lot and look for the Park Ranger truck. Tools and instruction will be provided, but please bring your own work gloves, sturdy shoes, bug spray and water. We will be working on drainage and rock-armoring of the lower Orange and White trails. We should be easy to find if you arrive late and no worries if you need to leave early.

Saturday 5/21/22 9am-1pm
421 E Mountain Rd
Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
yeah, weather is looking like mid-summer conditions. Let's hope the forecast changes before then. Any other takers?

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Thanks to all who came out and braved the heat and mud to get a long muddy section armored (Mike, Jason, Mark, Ryan, Ranger Cary and 2 hikers). Did the first mud pit you hit as you enter the woods. It's messy now but will harden up.
20220521_102542.jpg

20220521_115333.jpg

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
That's awesome! Looks a lot wetter there than i would have expected by this point.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
What a difference a drought makes. Definitely dry now! How is it holding up? Rocks in there solid? Any tweaking needed?

FitmanNJ

What a difference a drought makes. Definitely dry now! How is it holding up? Rocks in there solid? Any tweaking needed?
As of my ride there yesterday, all was good. I can't recall any downed trees; the rocks were holding well. There were a few places where the thorny plants are beginning to grow into the trail up on Three Amigos, but they're not really too bad.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions