Sourlands TM Session Wed 7/20 6pm

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Come join us (well, the Park Rangers because I can't attend this one) for the 2nd Sourlands trail work session of the season. Meet at the main Sourlands parking lot and look for the Park Ranger truck. Tools and instruction will be provided, but please bring your own work gloves, sturdy shoes, bug spray and water. Looking for suggestions for this weeknight session since I have not been down in a while. I'm assuming trimming will be needed around the Lower Trails and C Trail Climb but open to other ideas from those who have been there recently.

Wednesday 7/20/22 6pm -8pm
421 E Mountain Rd
Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Needs a trim!

Riverbed needs boardwalk and stone work just off the pipeline.

Someone needs to fix the drains crossing the pipeline.

Tree down on Montezuma

What happened to that reroute ?

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Thanks Pat. Will report the tree to Rangers if you can give me a pin. What reroute?

Edit: Saw your post in conditions thread if that's the tree you're talking about, it's reported.

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
i recommend trimming and if anything from the last TM needs fine-tuning for this weeknight session. Riverbed has been rough for a while and is on my list but not a popular trail for MTBs as far as i know so not high priority for me.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
We still on a "no battery tools" even tho it is the same county as CR?

The lower trail has that broken boardwalk too.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
As far as i know, no power tools, even battery. If you bring it to the TM you could ask for permission though and see what they say.

JPark

7 People showed up for TM yesterday.
When the ranger arrived he informed us it had to be canceled due to the heat.
Myself and 2 other guys had our own tools so we trimmed about half way up Boulderama going counter clockwise.

Saw a guy riding Boulderama counter-clockwise. Hats off to him in that heat. I've only ever ridden that trail clockwise.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
7 People showed up for TM yesterday.
When the ranger arrived he informed us it had to be canceled due to the heat.
Myself and 2 other guys had our own tools so we trimmed about half way up Boulderama going counter clockwise.

Saw a guy riding Boulderama counter-clockwise. Hats off to him in that heat. I've only ever ridden that trail clockwise.
i did not get a notification that it was cancelled otherwise i would have posted for you guys. Sorry. But thank you all who showed up and helped anyway! I'm back from vacation next week and will try to get down there. Will post up if i do.

JPark

i did not get a notification that it was cancelled otherwise i would have posted for you guys. Sorry. But thank you all who showed up and helped anyway! I'm back from vacation next week and will try to get down there. Will post up if i do.
The ranger was notified by his superiors less than an hour before it started so there is nothing you could have done.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions