Spruce Place entrance?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Anyone know if the fireroad is accessible from here? GPS (41.0941680, -74.2459320)

Yes, the beginning 150-200' is nasty, but after that it's fine. If you keep left on the fire road, soon there will be "Beer can" campsite on your right and from there starts a singletrack that mostly goes N-E, parallel to the road, and joins the Ringwood-Ramapo trail.

Yes, the beginning 150-200' is nasty, but after that it's fine. If you keep left on the fire road, soon there will be "Beer can" campsite on your right and from there starts a singletrack that mostly goes N-E, parallel to the road, and joins the Ringwood-Ramapo trail.
Thanks!

it’s a dead end street, best to go to Ryerson. Neighbors can easily report the car as there is ’no on street parking’ allowed in ringwood

it’s a dead end street, best to go to Ryerson. Neighbors can easily report the car as there is ’no on street parking’ allowed in ringwood
Neighbors used to be friendly, I parked there often during Covid closures. But it's a tight place as everyone parks on street there and it's easy to block someone's driveway.

Neighbors used to be friendly, I parked there often during Covid closures. But it's a tight place as everyone parks on street there and it's easy to block someone's driveway.
As a resident of the town and major mtb advocate, we need to be mindful of the residents. In that area, streets are tight, and driveway parking is limited. as MTB grows, new riders come to enjoy the beauty that is the local trail system And that is awesome, but we also need to be mindful of the impacts/effects, and perception.

Separate but related, Ryerson. MTB parking there is a privilege, yet 2 weeks ago as I was finishing my ride, I saw a group of three set up with folding chairs drinking post ride beers. This is a quick way to have that privilege revoked.

All I am suggesting is that we do our best to maintain harmony and I don’t necessarily think parking in neighborhoods is advisable, especially when there are othe options that won’t cause a stir.

Last edited:
As a resident of the town and major mtb advocate, we need to be mindful of the residents. In that area, streets are tight, and driveway parking is limited. as MTB grows, new riders come to enjoy the beauty that is the local trail system And that is awesome, but we also need to be mindful of the impacts/effects, and perception.

Separate but related, Ryerson. MTB parking there is a privilege, yet 2 weeks ago as I was finishing my ride, I saw a group of three set up with folding chairs drinking post ride beers. This is a quick way to have that privilege revoked.

All I am suggesting is that we do our best to maintain harmony and I don’t necessarily think parking in neighborhoods is advisable, especially when there are othe options that won’t cause a stir.
I get it 100%. Trust me I’m not one of those people. Going in to do trail maintenance. I will be as stealthy and unobtrusive in my approach as possible.

For trail maintenance, go the ringwood manor. Get a brushwood permit. You can drive into the woods on the fire road with the brushwood permit

Riiight. I did clean up some of the steeper switchbacks for those psychopaths that like to climb up the Ringwood-Ramapo trail. Are you riding with us this Saturday?
Just to understand, you cleaned up the part of Ringwood-Ramapo past the new bridge/6 bridges going to TOS? Is that where the fallen tree is/was?

Just to understand, you cleaned up the part of Ringwood-Ramapo past the new bridge/6 bridges going to TOS? Is that where the fallen tree is/was?
Sorta. I went from the creek crossing up to the top of the first switchbacks - about 1 mile. From there to TOS was packed down enough to see the trail.

The small stretch from the bridge to the creek needs clearing. My leaf blower batteries died and I didn’t have time to work on that section. Feel free to help out. It’s less than a 1/2 mile.
:thumbsup:

Sorta. I went from the creek crossing up to the top of the first switchbacks - about 1 mile. From there to TOS was packed down enough to see the trail.

The small stretch from the bridge to the creek needs clearing. My leaf blower batteries died and I didn’t have time to work on that section. Feel free to help out. It’s less than a 1/2 mile.
:thumbsup:
I can't, definitely not before Saturday anyway. Sorry.

Riiight. I did clean up some of the steeper switchbacks for those psychopaths that like to climb up the Ringwood-Ramapo trail. Are you riding with us this Saturday?
I'm gonna try and make it

just did a nice Ringwood ride. Trails r looking great! Leaves r getting nice and packed down in most places.
When I left for work this morning around 6:45am it was 26F...incredibly, the pumps at the gas station (Mobil1) were incredibly slow due to 'frozen pipes'. It took about 1/2 hr to pump $15, and I'm not kidding either. Never seen anything like that before and it has been colder...I consider it a preview of when the only circulating vehicles will be fully electric cars that will need to sit at the charge station for a few hours in order to ride the next 200 miles...

When I left for work this morning around 6:45am it was 26F...incredibly, the pumps at the gas station (Mobil1) were incredibly slow due to 'frozen pipes'. It took about 1/2 hr to pump $15, and I'm not kidding either. Never seen anything like that before and it has been colder...I consider it a preview of when the only circulating vehicles will be fully electric cars that will need to sit at the charge station for a few hours in order to ride the next 200 miles...
I'm not sure I'm connecting all the dots

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions