Summer Sizzler 2023 edition (MASS)

I got to race XC with my daughter for the first time. She races a lot, but I have only raced a couple XC races, and they were years ago in Cat 3. I raced Cat 2 Fat bike, which slotted me right in front of her U19 group with a 2 min head start. My primary objective was to not get passed by her, and I succeeded. I actually did better than I expected grabbing 2nd....out of a pretty thin field ;). My daughter got 6th, which wasn't as good as she had hoped, but she had some pretty stiff competition in this one and felt good about how she rode.

Was a great time though, and I could see myself racing XC again. Not sure if I would do it on my fatbike again, unless I change up the dirtjumper-esque cockpit I have going because it left my back in agony for a bit after the race. I thought the course was a ton of fun. Not much climbing besides short punchy stuff, lots of turns, some fun stuff to pop off of, just generally fun trails.

Pic is us grabbing one last blast of AC in the van after warmups before staging. So now I've raced Enduro, BMX and XC with her.
7B9704AD-9D2D-4686-8E80-0CA177997354.jpeg

It was a fun race....so many twisty turns I had no idea where I was....I was just peddling and enjoying myself.....thanks for organizing

Back
Top Bottom