Switchbacks

Just wondering if anyone got permission to reroute the red blaze, I know that it is a stupid question. I am sure that hikers do move it, based on the fact that they probably don't care for zigging back and forth! We need to get in touch with the right people to put up regrowth signs!!!

ps. The Flu SUX!

Things had been going well over the past few weeks but riding there yesterday I saw that someone had moved the logs blocking the bottom of the old trail route and was using it again. I moved stuff back to block it, but it's fairly apparent that until the new trail is blazed this is going to keep happening. It's a shame because having people use the old trail is preventing any new growth from coming in on it this spring. Any word on a Trail Maintenance day yet?

Just as yet another followup to this it seems the park or somebody reblazed the trail so now the switchbacks have red blazes instead of the old route. Hopefully this will resolve any of the problems which seem to have dissipated now anyway.

Too bad they blazed it the wrong way. I was there yesterday and at that intersection it's telling the users to stay right and the logs were once again placed across the switchbacks. I'm going to set booby traps soon...

Weird? I was there yesterday and everything seemed the same? Switchbacks were open and the blazes were on the right trees?:hmmm:

Well, Well, Well! Wouldn't you know it! First the good news, someone went over and doubled up the blazes with paint so there is no question that the switchbacks are the correct way. The bad news is that someone moved the top section of trees so it looks like people traveling clockwise on the red will go down the regrowth section. Even better news, if they remove and reopen the wrong trail after what I did to block it today, then let them have the damn thing. I could have spent all day building a damn, but hell I gave a good 5 minutes!:getsome:

Well, Well, Well! Wouldn't you know it! First the good news, someone went over and doubled up the blazes with paint so there is no question that the switchbacks are the correct way. The bad news is that someone moved the top section of trees so it looks like people traveling clockwise on the red will go down the regrowth section. Even better news, if they remove and reopen the wrong trail after what I did to block it today, then let them have the damn thing. I could have spent all day building a damn, but hell I gave a good 5 minutes!:getsome:

You wouldn't happen to rock a yellow hardtail c-dale, would you?

No Sir!

l_e13ce8f4b34840f6b01054196456d1b3.jpg

Have they been reblazed the right way? The last time I was there they were newly painted blazes and they were pointing up the washed out section. Either they are trying to point in the direction of the washed out stuff or they forgot how to blaze a trail correctly.

Either they are trying to point in the direction of the washed out stuff or they forgot how to blaze a trail correctly.
I took it that they didn't know how to blaze correctly since there are red markers on the new trail. Looking at it, it does seem that people are mostly using the new trail now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions