Tally Ho FYI - Don't ride up it

ryderX

You'd think this is the only good downhill in the park. A one way sign would be great, but it's not going to be legally binding in a state park.
I think having the need to put a sign up is problematic on few different levels. I’m not concerned for myself because I usually ride the park at odd hours and if I manage see 3 or 4 folks out there it’s a lot. I do wonder how the state would view a trail that needs to have warning signs posted and I’d also pose the question of what if there is a high speed collision on that particular trail ? Again it doesn’t impact me directly because I can happily ride any and all trails in Stephens.

Cassinonorth

Maybe we can just say it's a one way trail for social distancing?

IMG_20200621_110907.jpg

ebarker9

Rode TH on Saturday for the first time and also the first time I'd ridden a lot of Stephens beyond "the maze" and the trails closer to the lake. Lots of fun and definitely wouldn't advise riding up given the speed possible riding down that and relative blind-ness of some of the turns. Was wishing for a slightly longer travel bike than my first gen Tallboy, which felt a little overwhelmed. Hally Toe climb is quite the slog. So many switchbacks.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions