The Black River is OK

Baccala

The Black River Wildlife Management Area is a nice place to ride. You can ride the Rail trail, which is nice for very new riders, or a family ride. A utility trail runs along the power lines and is a bit more of a challenge. Not very technical, but a rolling single track. Several smaller trails split off into the hunting areas. Remember this area is set aside for hunting so Sunday is the best day to ride (no hunting on Sundays) There is a shotgun range and training area. The utility trail runs through the shot fall area Be Careful

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trail Condition Update

Don't know how many people are in my hood or that are on the site that actively ride this, but figured I'd put it out there.

From where the new trail head starts in Roxbury to the bottom of Pleasant Hill Rd. in Chester, there are no less than five trees down across the trail. All of them with the exception of the one closest to Chester are fairly easy to get around.

icolquhoun

Is there anything good and can it be linked to the Randolph Trail system?
It's really a rail trail, it links to several parks if you know how to be creative, and is part of patriot's path, so it links to horseshoe lake, which can link to Dickerson Mine area, links to Randolph Trails which can in turn link to Lewis Morris, and it links to Columbia Trail, which can link to Schooleys Mtn as well as Highbridge to link with that whole trail system.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions