The Bridges of 6MR

I miss the bridge that used to be here 😞
1665186279257.png

Rode Six Mile Fun today. Already knew about this bridge on Red (after crossing Middlebush from the Canal side). One of the slats fell under the bridge. Rode it going out but not coming back.

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

Rode Six Mile Fun today. Already knew about this bridge on Red (after crossing Middlebush from the Canal side). One of the slats fell under the bridge. Rode it going out but not coming back.

View attachment 197892
View attachment 197893

still need to get out there to assess this. it is truss construction, and the top chord looks compromised.
If I remember, Mr X made them with a double 2x4 - so hopefully the lower one is ok, then i can replace the top,
and plate the sides with plywood -

I kinda looks like insects? esp with the decking compromised like that.

still need to get out there to assess this. it is truss construction, and the top chord looks compromised.
If I remember, Mr X made them with a double 2x4 - so hopefully the lower one is ok, then i can replace the top,

Yeah, it's funny, the right side all rotted out and the left fine.

LMK when you going and maybe I’ll join

Thanks, it looks like most bridges don't have that, but every once in a while one does.
I was just wondering if there was a reason for the extra work.

what is the point of this board? Hold debris on the bridge?
View attachment 198907

Toe rails are recommended by OSHA on pedestrian bridges.
But seeing the previous pics, they put it in for structural reasons as Jason & Spence mentioned.

The cap board on top is also required when the top guardrail is not made of 2x material.

Boardwalks should have a curb if going off of it poses a significant hazard (deep water?)

From a mtb perspective, i'd say a middle rail is more important to prevent a wheel from going under the top rail,
or hitting a post. See bridge which @jklett & I worked on.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions