The current error that prevents posting, and shows content in the future.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
doing a bit of crowd sourced debugging.

@soundz

and any other nerd-meister that likes this internet stuff.

Over the weekend, it was confirmed with the help of @stb222 that there are different versions of forum
reality for different users. While I saw a thread with posts in the future, and was blocked from posting,
Kev did not, and was able to post.

I used a laptop to log into the forum using my test account, and it also saw the posts in the future.
As did my phone (using wifi) and my regular account.

I did not switch to cellular data (different IP address) to see if that made a difference.

Running chrome and logged in through the same IP address might have something to do with it (shared cookies? cache?)

So i'm wondering if there are issues with the re-write rules? with collisions concerning mtbnj.com vs www.mtbnj.com
What about cache at the server level - session based, ip based (i don't know the tricks apache uses)

I'm going to start shutting things off - like automagic redirection to https.
shouldn't shut down anything functional.

I'll also put together a couple of database queries that can be run from the browser. Links to come.
Might help identify what the database thinks, vs the presentation.

iman29

FyiI’ve seen all the issues you describe from both my laptop and phone.

will let you know here when it happens again

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have now seen posts show up as "9 minutes ago" right away. So not only can I see the future, I can revise history.

serviceguy

doesn't look like client related, same problem with the same time on both my iPhone 6S and Windows 10 machine.

Patrick

Staff member
doesn't look like client related, same problem with the same time on both my iPhone 6S and Windows 10 machine.

def isn't client related - could be IP or User tho.

if your phone is running through your gateway and logged in through chrome - it has the same IP address, login, shares
session cookies, and server side cache.

I need to webize the debug stuff, so it is easy for people to run it (ie, click a button) to generate the data I need to correlate the cause.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone have a freeze when typing out a post. Almost everytime in the middle of typing out my blog post I get a freeze up. Doubt its the phone but maybe.

serviceguy

def isn't client related - could be IP or User tho.

if your phone is running through your gateway and logged in through chrome - it has the same IP address, login, shares
session cookies, and server side cache.

I need to webize the debug stuff, so it is easy for people to run it (ie, click a button) to generate the data I need to correlate the cause.
next time I'll check using LTE instead of wifi.

Patrick

Staff member
Does anyone have a freeze when typing out a post. Almost everytime in the middle of typing out my blog post I get a freeze up. Doubt its the phone but maybe.

There is an auto-save feature, so if the page is mistakenly left in the middle of a post, it isn't lost.
might be doing the save and getting stuck for a bit.

rlb

FWIW I've never seen the error. But I've pretty much been 100% through FIOS at home since March, like the rest of us.

Top Bottom