The Freeride Thread

don

Haha I just got sucked into watching Jib. So great.

move watches that George Ryan video at least 15 times now lol.

I got sucked into watching most of it too. I actually might have it on VHS or DVD in the old movie box. A lot of the video is still very impressive!

don

Main compromise seems to be weight, mostly on the shorter travel models. But their general approach seems to prioritize robust and simple with things like their more impact resistant carbon and cable routing vs low weight. That plus the ability to change models with a chainstay swap, US manufacturing, and their efforts towards more environmentally friendly manufacturing make them a really interesting company, at least in my mind. Seemed to be some hints of wheels on the way as well, where their carbon approach seemingly would pay off even more.

I have to say reading the GG website and then Yoann's vid have me pretty interested and glad to see the direction GG is going. The material they are using sounds very cool and like Yoann said you can recycle it. It's durable and can be powder coated and Mike Kaz and Yoann both said how it is more quiet.

I like how you can fine tune the fit. And I could see GG getting to where they have a Yoann (or certain rider) fit/setup. And it's made in the US :thumbsup:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Think you're talking about Richie vs Remy. Richie could absolutely be competing for wins/podiums at a WC DH level.
Whoops totally misread that. I'd love Richie to ride DH world cups.

Remy still looking for a ride btw. (Vali said she'll announce her new ride next week and still nothing from Remi Thirion who is a regular top 10 rider)

ebarker9

Whoops totally misread that. I'd love Richie to ride DH world cups.

Remy still looking for a ride btw. (Vali said she'll announce her new ride next week and still nothing from Remi Thirion who is a regular top 10 rider)

I think Remy stated in one of his last videos that he has his new frames on the other side of his garage wall, so I think he has a ride, just hasn't announced yet.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think Remy stated in one of his last videos that he has his new frames on the other side of his garage wall, so I think he has a ride, just hasn't announced yet.
Just saw this on IG... no way to know for sure if that’s Remy’s bike on the ground but that is definitely Evil 😈
1611242562286.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I’ve been there a few times, always skied right past, no mandatory 10-15 drops into a rock lined chute for me.

stuff like that is just a bit too rad for me & my snowboard - i haven't hiked Heart's in kirkwood either.
Hucked off the wall - and fell another 100 yards or so :D Did better off the cornice at Taos - but was on skis.
The double blacks off peak 9 at breck are a blast if there is snow.

wait - i was in my 20s/30s then. bring on the corduroy!

roc

stuff like that is just a bit too rad for me & my snowboard - i haven't hiked Heart's in kirkwood either.
Hucked off the wall - and fell another 100 yards or so :D Did better off the cornice at Taos - but was on skis.
The double blacks off peak 9 at breck are a blast if there is snow.

wait - i was in my 20s/30s then. bring on the corduroy!
nothing wrong with soft corduroy! I have become such a wimp, if its not soft, I leave. I used to battle the elements, conditions, stay all day, not anymore! I am not sure if it's wisdom or just being a pansy.

Ian F

I'll usually find the one run at a mtn that was reasonably well groomed and ski the hell out of that run. Most of the time, it's like the trails were groomed using a Zamboni...

Reactions: don
Top Bottom