The Money Pit

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Someplace to discuss $$$

Strategies from the lottery to trading cards (Hot Shot Moments?)
or maybe the old fashion way of work-and-save
or a combo.

Keep it civil - w/o the politics. Cause i'm fairly sure the politicians are already wealthy on both sides,
and would like to keep/increase their wealth.

Reading I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. If someone needs a jump start into financial literacy/Financial Independence, it's a great book. Probably should be required reading for young adults. Outlines how to optimize most of the common downfalls (retirement accounts, credit cards, saving etc.). Doesn't get super preachy about cutting out your daily latte either.

Way back when, The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley really made an impression. I was surprised to learn my hard charging investment banker neighbor was a big fan. I was subsequently NOT surprised when after 9/11, which he witnessed live, he decided to retire and move to FL. At 39yo or so. Google tells me he has done a number of things since but because he felt like it, not because he needed to.

I've said before I don't consider real estate an investment unless one owns rental properties, making money on your home is hit or miss/luck unless you stay in the same place for 20+ years. But holy crap the market is taking off down here, especially in our community now that the builder is almost done. A house down the street the same as ours is selling for 25% more than what we paid less than 4 years ago. Doesn't really matter to us as we will likely never sell

I've said before I don't consider real estate an investment unless one owns rental properties, making money on your home is hit or miss/luck unless you stay in the same place for 20+ years. But holy crap the market is taking off down here, especially in our community now that the builder is almost done. A house down the street the same as ours is selling for 25% more than what we paid less than 4 years ago. Doesn't really matter to us as we will likely never sell

Market is just stupid across the country right now. Houses directly next to us sold for $200k and $125k more than we paid 2 years ago. If we didn't mind going back to renting we'd probably consider selling and moving back to Summit or something.

Back
Top Bottom