The Road to Somewhere

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
HB Ryan - the FB told be but didn't get back here to pass a proper wish! 🍻
🎂

xc62701

Another year in the books and lots of good stuff on tap for 2024.

I signed up for the following races:

4/21 Rattling Creek
5/4 12 Hours of PJ
6/29 Michaux Marathon
7/27 Wilderness 101

Now it's time to do the hard work and get faster and lighter for the upcoming season. I'm still debating on a few races too to get my ass going early. The Stokesville 60/40 is March 3rd and the H2H Mayhem is 3/16 so I may throw those in the mix early to see how things are shaking out.

The knee is getting there but still has some popping which I mostly ignore, and then still regaining strength. I'd say I'm about 80 percent but it'll probably take another year to get back to 100% I've done this before so at least I'm aware of that. To help it, I'm going to do some workouts at home in the offseason to try and strengthen it further as I know it's not going to get any easier getting older. I'll try to help it out now while I can.

I'm scheming up a way to get a long weekend in Virginia to trail and get some long miles in too. That's my current debate. As long as the weather stays ok, I did a fun trip last January and it was a good time. I'd like to go again round two. Although I just started some online classes so lets see how demanding that gets...

xc62701

Another year in the books and lots of good stuff on tap for 2024.

I signed up for the following races:

4/21 Rattling Creek
5/4 12 Hours of PJ
6/29 Michaux Marathon
7/27 Wilderness 101

Now it's time to do the hard work and get faster and lighter for the upcoming season. I'm still debating on a few races too to get my ass going early. The Stokesville 60/40 is March 3rd and the H2H Mayhem is 3/16 so I may throw those in the mix early to see how things are shaking out.

The knee is getting there but still has some popping which I mostly ignore, and then still regaining strength. I'd say I'm about 80 percent but it'll probably take another year to get back to 100% I've done this before so at least I'm aware of that. To help it, I'm going to do some workouts at home in the offseason to try and strengthen it further as I know it's not going to get any easier getting older. I'll try to help it out now while I can.

I'm scheming up a way to get a long weekend in Virginia to trail and get some long miles in too. That's my current debate. As long as the weather stays ok, I did a fun trip last January and it was a good time. I'd like to go again round two. Although I just started some online classes so lets see how demanding that gets...

Lol, just reading this previous post and nothing has gone to plan. Life has been too hectic, the March 3rd race got postponed and I can't make the new date. I did a fatbike race/TT on a golf course and felt like crap and got annihilated. So at least I got the first race out of the way. Rattling Creek I got a refund for since I'll be in Sedona that week. That's my main focus right now. I want to try and get in some kind of shape for that. April 20th I leave for AZ so I've got 3 weeks to curb things a bit and ride some more so I can enjoy all that goodness out there. 12 hours of PJ I'll be at but I won't be competitive since I'm a fat bastard. I'll probably still try to put in a good effort to reap any benefits of destroying myself for 12 hours. Michaux I got a refund as well since that's ending up being my family vacation week. So then there's the Wilderness. That's my A race for the year. July 27th is the date and I'm hoping to put together a decent showing, or at least not completely suffer the entire time. I'll probably try to hit some of the other local races this year, but I'm just hoping to get on a path back to more activity and better health since the knee surgery. It's been just under a year since surgery and I'm still working on gaining strength and confidence. It's taken a while but I find I'm making small gains here and there. I just don't want to f*ck it up again....that's for sure!

Top Bottom