Things that make you frown :(

I was marshaling a spot at mile 6.4/22.8 - it was out 13.1, then reverse the loop (sort of )
the finish lines were different, the bibs were different colors -

it is usually the promoter that complains about one field's equal payouts without having the numbers to support it.
athletes shouldn't complain about payouts. that money wouldn't go to the other fields, it would go in the promoter's pocket.
and in an event of this size, the sponsor money probably exceeds the entry fees.

I finished the philly 1/2 marathon- while i was standing there, the front of the marathon came through,
so i could see a bunch of 2 hour 13.1 people mixed in with the elite marathoners
It was a horrible course design -

Also, also - non-binary doesn't mean transitioning. Any non-traditional identification is included (including asexual)
Hopefully it signals that it is ok to run in this class if it is appropriate.
Yeah, I think the Non-Binary is sort of the catch-all currently and from what I read in that race that's where transitioning people felt comfortable. Like I said, it's growing pains until this stuff is figured out. And these are issues that are predominantly at the pointy end of the race, not further back.

As a race promoter, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I agree that in the end there probably wasn't any less money going to the females.

Not looking to turn this thread into a poo flinging contest which this could easily turn into, but the headlines on this is very misleading. Headlines say how she beat 15,000 runners, but don't state that the medal was just a finishers medal, and didn't really affect anyone else's race. Wasn't like she had a blazingly fast time and stole winner medals or prize money. She was way back in the pack at 4+ hours. I doubt there's anyone in the race upset with her racing as a woman.

If you want to get angry, go look at the prize structure and who got payouts at the Jersey City Marathon where women were cheated out of prize money.

The point is fairness. This guy (I won't call him a her) did the marathon as a woman and placed much higher among all women than he would have as his biological sex. I don't care what people call themselves or if they want to change their sex. If they want to compete in a physical sport where going through puberty as a male provides a significant advantage, they should stick to their biological category.

The point is fairness. This guy (I won't call him a her) did the marathon as a woman and placed much higher among all women than he would have as his biological sex. I don't care what people call themselves or if they want to change their sex. If they want to compete in a physical sport where going through puberty as a male provides a significant advantage, they should stick to their biological category.
Competition is ritualized warfare, and is unfair by definition.

Yeah, I think the Non-Binary is sort of the catch-all currently and from what I read in that race that's where transitioning people felt comfortable. Like I said, it's growing pains until this stuff is figured out. And these are issues that are predominantly at the pointy end of the race, not further back.

As a race promoter, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I agree that in the end there probably wasn't any less money going to the females.

Definitely a tough situation to address as a race promoter, where people are seemingly always looking for things to gripe about, especially focused on prize money/payouts.

I don't know exactly where I fall in terms of trans people and fairness in sports, but griping over prize payout based on an additional category being added is stupid. Unless this is actually impacting someone's livelihood (and looking at the times, it sure doesn't appear to be a world class field of people trying to make a living based on prize winnings/sponsorship) I really just don't think that it's that important. Most events are participation focused and should err on the side of being inclusive.

Definitely a tough situation to address as a race promoter, where people are seemingly always looking for things to gripe about, especially focused on prize money/payouts.

I don't know exactly where I fall in terms of trans people and fairness in sports, but griping over prize payout based on an additional category being added is stupid. Unless this is actually impacting someone's livelihood (and looking at the times, it sure doesn't appear to be a world class field of people trying to make a living based on prize winnings/sponsorship) I really just don't think that it's that important. Most events are participation focused and should err on the side of being inclusive.
While I agree with the events are typically participation focused, on these big races the pointy end does have actual pros racing who depend on the finishing results. Which is why I thought the woman who was in the news for London was a non-issue whatsoever for me as she's just so mixed in with the pack of participants, who cares?

I think @Patrick probably pointed out that the new category had no overlap in reality with the woman's race. I doubt any less payouts were made in the female/male categories to support the new category and without looking would assume the payouts are the same as the previous year.

I was really only bringing it up as the race had lots of discussions over that and the leaders getting misdirected towards the finish line.

Unplanned visit to Honda dealer today. Sitting in the waiting area.

2023 Odyssey for some reason every engine light came on.

Drove it here fine for 5 miles after trying it in the parking lot where my wife works for 5 minutes. Hoping just a simple reset or something easy. Can’t be without this car for too long.

D2FC5416-1093-4164-BAC7-CDEFBB938CFA.jpegF8A91AEF-8A3D-4CBD-AC70-842C492F7C29.jpeg0CBFEAE2-4DED-4BAC-B331-00A03B71A325.jpegCE45F7BF-8F41-4262-AC7F-755D4552A211.jpegB266AB0D-BEB6-4044-B54B-1790D45A0FF6.jpeg6BD7B73D-13B2-4CA6-81E0-75513B14A79D.jpegB3826803-5CA3-4481-98DE-BFBF427918F6.jpeg

Drove it here fine for 5 miles after trying it in the parking lot where my wife works for 5 minutes. Hoping just a simple reset or something easy. Can’t be without this car for too long.

View attachment 212843View attachment 212844View attachment 212845View attachment 212846View attachment 212847View attachment 212848View attachment 212849
False positives. Errors cleared themselves AFTER they got it in the back.

Ran the diag twice no codes came back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least no charge.

False positives. Errors cleared themselves AFTER they got it in the back.

Ran the diag twice no codes came back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least no charge.

All these tech systems are why 997 911 and 4th Gen 4Runners are so expensive lol. You need an IT degree for today's cars.

All these tech systems are why 997 911 and 4th Gen 4Runners are so expensive lol. You need an IT degree for today's cars.
My '23 Ford Transit van is loaded with I.T. like B.S. Got to figure out how to turn it all off so I can just drive it.

View attachment 212843View attachment 212844View attachment 212845View attachment 212846View attachment 212847View attachment 212848View attachment 212849
My guess would be battery issue.

My guess would be battery issue.

Im thinking the same maybe connection or bad battery somehow.

Meantime she just called me shes an hour away from home and its doing it again but still driveable. going back to the dealer later.

ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: Ejd
yeah the service manager was stumped and was telling me about all the tech stuff then I explained I have been doing IT for 30 years and I know all about a "glitch in the matrix"

The problem here is a false positive about any of these errors like braking system does not make someone whos driving feel all that confident.

yeah the service manager was stumped and was telling me about all the tech stuff then I explained I have been doing IT for 30 years and I know all about a "glitch in the matrix"

The problem here is a false positive about any of these errors like braking system does not make someone whos driving feel all that confident.
Just remember cars aren't brake by wire. So really the most you'll lose with electronics issues is ABS or traction control. Will need a real physical issue to have much of an actual affect on braking.

Back
Top Bottom