Things that make you frown :(

Just remember cars aren't brake by wire. So really the most you'll lose with electronics issues is ABS or traction control. Will need a real physical issue to have much of an actual affect on braking.
I think some cars are throttle by wire, including the Odyssey.

I think some cars are throttle by wire, including the Odyssey.
Yeah, he seemed to be worried about not stopping.

Throttle by wire and electric assist steering just means you basically stop in the middle lane suddenly without lights. But you stop!

Yeah, he seemed to be worried about not stopping.

Throttle by wire and electric assist steering just means you basically stop in the middle lane suddenly without lights. But you stop!
Better than the opposite?
Car Jump GIF - Car Jump Ramp - Discover & Share GIFs

Im thinking the same maybe connection or bad battery somehow.

Meantime she just called me shes an hour away from home and its doing it again but still driveable. going back to the dealer later.

ugh.
Just replace the battery yourself, and then maybe check the alternator. My BMWs used to do this all the time, a slight glitch in voltage is enough to throw the computer into a fit. My daughter's 325 was notorious for all kinds of issues just like the one you are describing, also had an issue where it wouldn't go in reverse and I thought the trans was shot, it was the battery. :shrug:

Just replace the battery yourself, and then maybe check the alternator. My BMWs used to do this all the time, a slight glitch in voltage is enough to throw the computer into a fit. My daughter's 325 was notorious for all kinds of issues just like the one you are describing, also had an issue where it wouldn't go in reverse and I thought the trans was shot, it was the battery. :shrug:
Nope not with a full warranty And only 8100 miles not touching anything and not buying anything. They can keep it now as long as needed they found me a loaner car for now.

They suspect something with a bad relay for the throttle control since when it happens she told me the engine revs up a bit and then all the light come on. They already changed it and will drive it around a bit longer tmw to see if it comes back.

30865278-B87F-4A61-8CA2-15265A59ECC3.jpeg

Nope not with a full warranty And only 8100 miles not touching anything and not buying anything. They can keep it now as long as needed they found me a loaner car for now.

They suspect something with a bad relay for the throttle control since when it happens she told me the engine revs up a bit and then all the light come on. They already changed it and will drive it around a bit longer tmw to see if it comes back.
Nevermind, @JerseyPete may have been right.

car-jump.gif

Makes you wonder if a bad alternator or battery causes new cars computers to drop random codes then why is there not a bad alternator or battery code?

there are alternator and battery codes, but for some reason they are less sensitive than the other modules. 🤣

my XT5 has a heat soak issue with the main wiring harness - lights up like a christmas tree on warm days and a long, spirited drive.
then goes into limp mode. Need to pull over and give it a second, then pull/reconnect the MAF connector, and away ya go.

I’m surprised they even built the wheels with such narrow CF lip where it mates with the hub, an area that will impact with the hub during installation unless a specific tool to perfectly align the wheel with hub is used (if it even exist, probably something a German engineer would come up with). Not even a first world problem IMHO.

Looks like they had fun, and left.

View attachment 213196
Saw something similar on Sunday morning as I ran by during the Xterra. There was a group that stayed well passed 8pm on Saturday night and left around 9:30pm. Sunday, mid-morning, my wife saw a few of them return and clean up their mess. But that picture is disturbing and why we can't have nice things. I see some of the cleanup crew in the trees.

Back
Top Bottom