Things that make you smile :)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Year 33 of the Thursday night ride, #notarace, at Belmont in Philly starts next week. I guess this could have gone in the rides, races and events thread too.

@JDurk killed it last night. 1st SS and like 6th or so overall in a big/stacked field. I was happy that I showed up late. I rode with my friend Damien and got two full laps in, then a modified last lap with some extra trails added.

Thursday #notarace is a really good time. If anyone is on the fence about checking them out hit one of us up for motivation and someone local to hang out with for the post ride festivities.

JDurk

@JDurk killed it last night. 1st SS and like 6th or so overall in a big/stacked field. I was happy that I showed up late. I rode with my friend Damien and got two full laps in, then a modified last lap with some extra trails added.

Thursday #notarace is a really good time. If anyone is on the fence about checking them out hit one of us up for motivation and someone local to hang out with for the post ride festivities.
Adding to what @KenS mentioned, stacked field for sure and I've gained some more Strava followers. Traded places with another SSer on the first 2 laps, but dropped him for the 3rd. Afterwards he said he's putting a rigid fork and smaller cog on his bike for next week. I'm old enough to be his dad.

Easily 80+ people attended the 1st night, and many stuck around for the post ride festivities.

Before
20230420_181850.jpg

After
20230420_192726.jpg

serviceguy

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not familiar with AirBnB, but is it common for owners to leave their private pictures on their furniture for you to take pictures? Or maybe it 's a celebrity thing they do? Not that I have any idea who this guy is as I notoriously don't get cultural references...LOL

I was surprised as well. It seems like it's the family's house (lots of big gatherings, double lot...maybe connected two smaller houses) and may actually be owned by his parents. As we know, Moms can't be told how to be subtle.

JerseyPete

I was surprised as well. It seems like it's the family's house (lots of big gatherings, double lot...maybe connected two smaller houses) and may actually be owned by his parents. As we know, Moms can't be told how to be subtle.
Will you be going back, and if so are you leaving a couple of framed pictures of yourself there to see if they remain there until next year?

serviceguy

Ah, probably the best explanation. Note to self, in case mom decides to AirBnB the family house in Florence…

Top Bottom