Things that make you smile :)

ebarker9

Not sure if it makes me smile or grimace out of sympathy but my wife is out on track doing 24 hours running around a 1 mile loop at Sussex county fairgrounds. She's prepared really well for this and is targeting 130+ miles. 4 hours in and she's at 24, which is already more than I can fathom ever running.

Finished with 108 miles, which is her PR. Pretty incredible.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if it makes me smile or grimace out of sympathy but my wife is out on track doing 24 hours running around a 1 mile loop at Sussex county fairgrounds. She's prepared really well for this and is targeting 130+ miles. 4 hours in and she's at 24, which is already more than I can fathom ever running.
Does she do a lot of the NJ Trail Series or Sassquad races?

She's probably lapped me at a few if so. :)

I don't think people understand the mental toughness of running 108 miles on a track.

ebarker9

Does she do a lot of the NJ Trail Series or Sassquad races?

She's probably lapped me at a few if so. :)

I don't think people understand the mental toughness of running 108 miles on a track.

It's nutty. She mainly does this event ("Three days at the fair") as well as a similar one in the fall, but she's done a few of the other NJ trail series events and the sassquad events. Kim from sassquad (who is super nice) was actually one of her crew for this race for a bit. She's done the one running up and down south mountain at least once and the one there where you get less and less time to finish each lap.

I don't understand it either, but she's been doing these for a while now so it's started to feel kind of normal. Most years I'll walk a few laps of the course and that's enough to drive me insane. She seems to gravitate towards these really long events where you never have to run "fast" and the logistics are easy since it's a loop.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's nutty. She mainly does this event ("Three days at the fair") as well as a similar one in the fall, but she's done a few of the other NJ trail series events and the sassquad events. Kim from sassquad (who is super nice) was actually one of her crew for this race for a bit. She's done the one running up and down south mountain at least once and the one there where you get less and less time to finish each lap.

I don't understand it either, but she's been doing these for a while now so it's started to feel kind of normal. Most years I'll walk a few laps of the course and that's enough to drive me insane. She seems to gravitate towards these really long events where you never have to run "fast" and the logistics are easy since it's a loop.
She doing Midnight Squatchapalooza w/ Sassquad?
I was considering doing the 3hr race on while passing through NJ that weekend. Just deciding how important sleep is to me...

ebarker9

She doing Midnight Squatchapalooza w/ Sassquad?
I was considering doing the 3hr race on while passing through NJ that weekend. Just deciding how important sleep is to me...

The names of their events 😂

We're going to be away on vacation that week so nope, but it sounds appropriately ridiculous.

rick81721

Lothar
Rare daily double of side-splitting stupid responses on Jeapardy tonight. And by the same contestant. First was: the agency that astronauts had to report moonrocks to in 1969. She said "homeland security?". Second, what important event is celebrated Feb 23. Juneteenth?? Good lord - how did she ever qualify?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was on a ladies ride last week... and we're all chatting and someone mentioned her husband was out doing a ride while we're doing the group ride... and i said "oh... steve's out there too... he's wearing the same jersey as me [the MTBNJ team jersey] so he's easy to spot if they want to ride together."

her response: "ohhh... that's so cute that you guys match."

(yeah... me, my husband and like 40 other teammates and their families. 🤣 🤣 🤣 )

rick81721

Lothar
More jeapardy follies - we are a few days behind so probably Wednesday. Same guy David - first was (under scientific instruments) - a coronagraph is? He says "a typewriter?". Wow. Second, in final jeapardy (US national monuments), they introduced oysters here to restore contaminated water. Obvious answer is Pearl Harbor, he says 3 Mile Island! This show can be a great comedy

Last edited:
Top Bottom